aching wisdom teeth in pregnancy

dacosta

Reaction score
hi all - this might be an odd question but i've had aching wisdom teeth on my upper jaw for a few days now; is this a common pregnancy thing or just bad timing?

i've resorted to using my lo's teething gel to try and help but when it gets bad it causes a headache right up one side of my face, to my temple and across my forehead. thankfully that was a few days ago and it's not been that bad since although they're aching now, but it's just mildly irritating.

i know pregnant women often get gum problems for some reason but was hoping this sort of ache might be an early pregnancy thing that may pass?

I had this in my upper left wisdom tooth when I was around 16 weeks pregnant. It turned out it was infected badly and I had to have it taken out.

The pain radiating in your face and headache sounds very familiar, I would see your dentist, don't think it's just a pregnancy thing :(

Same thing happened to me a few times. Not sure if it is a pregnancy thing though.

i'm only taking paracetamol when it's unbearable at the moment; i have an appointment with the dentist on tuesday. it's not going away so something must be up, probably aggravated by pregnancy hormones and things i guess!

when i was about 16weeks maybe before i had wisdom tooth pain, but it stopped hurting after a week or so.

and it hasnt played up since.

i bought some corsodol (spelt that wrong) and it seemed to do th trick

Apparently because of your hormones your wisdom teeth can come in whilst your pregnant like when your hair and nails grow faster because of your hormones.

:flower:

ahh this makes sense- i wasnt able to get an appointment until today and the pain has subsided a lot in that time. the dentist things i have gum problems made worse by pregnancy so it makes sense.

i too have some corsodyl so will see how i get on with that :) thanks all for your comments.

It can actually be common. When you get pregnant some early symptoms are swollen gums, and it can irritate wisdom teeth. I had that with my first pregnancy and ended up getting 2 of them out. I would see if you could get them out, because it might come and go and that is no fun during pregnancy.

My wonky wisdom tooth has emerged further both pregnancies and last pregnancy (because it is sideways half in the gum) it got a bit infected (not to need antibiotics or anything) and inflamed too. It's very annoying! Now it's so far out I have been eating my cheek all pregnancy. I'm seriously considering getting it taken out if it's possible while I have free dental after the birth.

Yupp, got two coming through on one side, one at top one at bottom, went to dentist today, woke up with bad temparture and unable to breath proper:( also had a very swollen throat. found out i have an infection in all of them, which caused my airway to close up and swell, gave me a fever and everything! was fine yesterday! got given antibiotics but then had to go A&E due to my breathing difficulties :( so make sure you go! got antibiotics and mouthwash now,

My OS wouldn't do it during pregnancy. I'm going to schedule my appointment for right after my delivery while my mom is still here to help us out. I figured I'll already be in pain anyways.....!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->