Aciclovir

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by snappysnaps, Nov 17, 2011.

1. snappysnaps

snappysnaps New Member

Has anyone taken this in their last trimester?

2. Hutchess

Hutchess Well-Known Member

just had to google as i'd never heard of it before - i was advised by a phrmacist recently not to use zovirax as it can be absorbed into the bloodstream but i'm guessing it would depend on the amount and the recomednation by the drug company themselves.

3. Sketcher

Sketcher Well-Known Member

I asked my gp jus the other day as I have a whopping cold sore. He said its fine for topical use, is just putting a little on your lip, it might be a prob if you were taking tablet form. If any it absorbed to your bloodstream its only a tiny amount, whereas a tablet is a lot more straight to your blood.
    Also in last tri its fine anyway. I also looked up on here about it, and a lady said her midwife told it was fine, when they looked up all the ingredients there was nothing harmful.
    Im using it, but just couple times a day.

pharmasist also said putting bit of aftershave, perfume, surgical spirit on it would dry it up.