acid in throat? Heartburn?

georgina.miss

Reaction score
hellooo girlies for a few days now ive been getting a horribleee burning acid type feeling in my throat for about an hour maybe more each time. Do you think this could be heartburn ? Ive never had it before but is common in pregnancy apparently? its minging and nothing gets rid of it! Any help would be much appreciated :) :) Xx

Definitely heartburn hon, and as far as I've heard its very common in pregnancies. I suffer from it on a daily basis :(

Do you have any safe antacids there you can take? We have TUMS which work well for me and are also a good source of calcium!! Dr gave me the ok to them as directed on teh bottle. She also said if it wasn't working that I could take something stronger, but I've been ok with the TUMS so far.

Hope that helps!

Sounds like acid reflux. Very common to develop in pregnancy. I had it awful with my son... every morning I woke up and could taste acid in my throat! Bleh... Tums would be the first thing to try. If those aren't strong enough, I think Zantac is what comes next? Can't remember what I took. Maybe ask your ob/midwife?

its heartburn. ive been having heartburn since 11 weeks and its awful. Tums will do the trick though

Definitely!! Tell you what works for me, go to Morrisons and get their own brand heartburn tablets (6 for £1). They work for 12 hours so take them whenever you want, you don't have to wait for heartburn to strike. I've not had heartburn for days now :thumbup:

Definitely heartburn/acid reflux. I've been taking Tums and Gaviscon with success!

I have had this since last night thanks to the enchiladas I made yesterday... I hardly got sleep last night!

Definitely heartburn. The doctor told me to buy gaviscon which does help a bit. But milk helps me a lot better. x

tums or rennies. gaviscon tablets are cack and i can't stand the taste or texture of the liquid.. unfortunate cos that's the only thing the doctor will give on prescription! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->