Acid reflux booooo

Jcliff

Reaction score
It's worse then ever!! Any idea how to help this rather than tums?

When u find a cure let me know!!! It's waking me up in the nite! I was having gaviscon and that was doin nothing so am now takin rennie which is helping but it's soooo annoying and maybe my least favourite part of pregnancy xx

Hi! I also have this problem as I seem to always carry these babies so high! Tums do nothing for me. My doc doesn't approve of category C drugs and that's what Zantac and Prilosec are. Some docs say theyare fine and I know a lot of women on here take them. But I don't. What he has me take is a category B drug, Tagamet ( I take the generic of it cimetidine). oh, drugs are in put into one of three categories, A B and C, with A being safest and C having higher risks...they aren't necessarily bad, just have higher risks .I take it at 8 am and 8 pm like clockwork. It helps a bit ( if I don't take it I'm throwing up from the reflux) but I still have the burn from heartburn. Uh, can't wait until baby is out. These symptoms stop immediately after baby pops out, so hang in there. We are almost there.
You can ask your OB what they recommend for you, if you want to take a pill. :)

Well am glad to hear it stops once baby is born am being induced on Sunday cos I have OC so don't want to add any more drugs to my collection right now! Knowin it's only for a few more days has made me feel much better thanks xxx

Yep, with my first it disappeared immediately, so good for you you're almost there!

Then I should only have the itching from the OC left to deal with! That's equally driving me insane! I must look like I have fleas!! Haha! Xx

Thanks Jules. Ive realized, the only thing I can do is take tums once and a while if it gets terrible and monitor my diet. I have totally given up Orange juice, coffee, red sauce, anything acidic. I also wont eat after 6pm now. Eventhough, I pretty much get acid no matter what I do. I am carrying very high as well. Constantly have baby in my ribs

I use pepcid and it's does a fairly good job...much better than tums ever did. I also don't drink while I eat which helps some too.

My doc told me to take prilosec and I've been taking it for over two months now. Tums does nothing for me anymore. If I miss one dose of prilosec, the heartburn comes back almost immediately. I cannot wait until baby is here and heartburn is gone for good!

I took reniden (sp?) But also try eating whole grain bread. Mine ended up being caused by galstones

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->