Acid reflux when I've only been drinking water?

BlingyGal

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Quick question about acid reflux (I'm not concerned, only curious): For the past couple of weeks, I seem to get some acid reflux/indigestion HOURS after eating. E.g. I eat lunch at 1pm and then only drink water afterward. By 4-5pm, I'm getting acid reflux in my throat - why? When do you get acid reflux? Does it usually start so late after eating?

I've never had acid reflux until pregnancy.

I've never had it either until now, and it hits at all hours of the day or night... This morning I had to get up and get Tums (after sleeping for about 5 hours) cause it was coming on pretty bad.
It doesn't matter if I drink only water or something else, I haven't really found any relief. Except Tums. So yeah, I think what you're experiencing is normal!

I have been getting this too and its so annoying, there seems to be so many triggers.

So your taking Tums and they are safe for pregnancy?

I have been getting this too and its so annoying, there seems to be so many triggers.

So your taking Tums and they are safe for pregnancy?

Yup, totally safe plus you get some calcium with it.

I just bought some today to keep at my desk. The directions actually say:

Antacid: Adults and Pregnant women: Chew 2-3 tablets as needed. Maximum daily dose: Adults: 10 tablets. Pregnant women: 5 tablets.

Great thanks so much, I will have to get some, lol

Yup I checked before I got them, they're fine for us :thumbup: I got cherry ones :D Haha. But I haven't had to take the maximum allowed yet, usually it's worse in the afternoon so I may take one in the afternoon or after lunch and one before bed.

Yeah. It really is a crappy ailment and seems to strike whenever it feels like it. I'd eat dinner at like 6pm, have nothing thereafter except water, go to bed around 10/11 and still wake up at 3am with acid reflux!

I'm glad to know it's not just me with the 'random times' acid reflux.

I get this I find mostly when I'm about to fall asleep if I've been lying down for a while I usually go have a banana milkshake (I hate plain milk) & for me it helps :)

I've been getting for a few weeks now and found that sipping milk. They say that milk only increases your stomach acid but I've found it helps. That and propping up my pillows.

I've suffered all through this pregnancy and its been unbearable since I recovered from a stomach bug last week. Anything I eat gives me reflux and the thought of eating a remegel tablet (the only thing I've found that works) makes me feel physically sick. I go to bed at night with it, wake up in the middle of the night with it, and again in the morning too. I can not wait for it to be over

OK, I did not have acid reflux during my first pregnancy, don't have it when I am not pregnant, but this time around it has been killing me. I seriously thought about going to the ER a few nights ago, it was so bad, but I didn't want to seem like a wuss.

So I was whining and crying to my husband because the meds were not touching it and he researched on the internet. He made me a glass of water and put half a teaspoon of baking soda. He also added a little bit of lemon and sugar (to make the taste easier on me).

Let me tell you, the pain was mostly gone within 5 minutes, and within an hour it was completely gone. I looked online myself and found baking soda and water is a common remedy for pregnant women with acid reflux.

Hope this helps anyone who is suffering!

So I was whining and crying to my husband because the meds were not touching it and he researched on the internet. He made me a glass of water and put half a teaspoon of baking soda. He also added a little bit of lemon and sugar (to make the taste easier on me).

Let me tell you, the pain was mostly gone within 5 minutes, and within an hour it was completely gone. I looked online myself and found baking soda and water is a common remedy for pregnant women with acid reflux.

Hope this helps anyone who is suffering!

NOTED!!! Thank you, pansorie!

I read recently that drinking just water can make it flare up because there's nothing to absorb the acid. Eating a few crackers now and then may help. I've heard pickle juice helps, too, though you'd have to be careful not to get too much sodium that way. Baking soda can cause fluid retention, so it's best not to go too nuts with it.

I know there are some stronger medications that are safe, if the Tums aren't cutting it. Check with your doctors to find out which ones you can take. I think Prilosec is not allowed, and I'm pretty sure Nexium is, but I'm not positive.

One more idea. I got a free sample of Earth Mama Angel Baby heartburn tea. I only tried it once, so it could be a coincidence, but I think it really helped, on a day when Tums were barely touching the heartburn. If I hadn't been just about due when I tried it, I would have bought more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->