Acid Reflux?

3xpire

Mother to Kalei Mae (:
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you know something that can help this or can give any advice at all. For the past two weeks, I've been getting acid reflux that absolutly burns and makes it impossible to sleep and leaves a numbing feeling in my mouth and throat and makes me vomit constantly. IMPOSSIBLE. I got so fed up with trying everything in the book that's safe during pregnancy. Tagamet, milk, drinking more water, not drinking/eating before bed, etc. My OH went out and got Zantac 150 and that's been working like a miracle for the burning, etc. but I've still been having the numbing feeling (almost like someone slathered orajel all over in my mouth lol) and I've been nauseous to the extent that I can't eat even a couple crackers to hold myself over. I'm beginning to get really exhausted and impatient. Nothing's working.

Might the doctor be able to prescribe me something to hold it over better? Anyone know any good ways to hold over really bad acid reflux? :shrug:

I don't know about the dr and what they can prescribe, but I wanted to say I understand your pain!!
I haven't had the mouth numbing but I had my fair share of burning so bad that I want to vomit.
I hope someone can help you with your question and you can find relief soon!

I have just finished posting about vomiting last week and this morning. Have really bad reflux and heartburn. GP prescribed ranitidine and I now take it twice daily. Tbh it worked really well at 24 weeks with just one tablet but now two tablets aren't enough to keep on top of it. I think I may have forgotten to take it last night so maybe that's why I was sick?

I can't afford to be vomiting as my blood count is too low and taking iron tablets 3 x daily to try to increase iron levels before my section.

I haven't had it as bad as you but have still been suffering. I've been drinking Frijj milkshakes, they are really thick and just seem to take the pain away. They maybe full of calories but it's worth it just to stop the horrible burning sensation.

Omeprazole is the best thing you can take and is prescription only, it's safe in pregnancy

Omeprazole, THE BEST THING EVER!!! I feel your pain...xxx

I've been on omeprazole since before I was pg though and now it's not cutting it...I tried adding ranitidine but it's still not. This sucks!

I'm on omeprazole too.. It really is amazing!! I'm still getting acid at night..but I find that if I drink a glass of milk before I go bed, then it's enough to cover it in order for me to get to sleep lol.

If I don't have the milk, I'm actually sick in my sleep :-/ (nice I know..) and the other day literally burnt my throat, so completely feel your pain! Get to the drs!!

Ranitidine and cold milk here too!! Am on 2 tablets a day and they are just about keeping the acid at bay but I get a touch still at night so drink a glass of milk before bed.
It sucks, have had it both pregnancies and its just horrid.

Xxc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->