Acne since coming off the pill

Blondie_x

Reaction score
I stopped taking the pill mid December last year, and noticed a couple of months after that my face started getting spotty. It has now been at it's worst for the last few months. It has been just over 6 months now, and my skin isn't showing any signs of clearing up.

On a good note, I have been charting for the last 6 months and my charts are now looking like 'typical' bbt charts. This makes me think my hormones are now back to how they should be, but what's going on with my skin?

Has anyone had any similar experiences with coming off birth control?

Yes!! My skin right now is horrendous. Most days I don't even like looking in the mirror. I came off my pill at around the same time as you as it was giving me terrible mood swings. I originally went on it 6 years ago to control my skin issues. Now the hormones of it have worn off my skin has returned to it's teenage ways. However I am now nearly 24 and it shows no signs it will go away. I think it is just something you have to deal with if you have problem skin. I think it's where the pill has controlled your hormones for so long and now your skin is affected by this. If I am making any sense. Hope your skin clears up for you soon x

Sorry I have taken so long to reply. I only just noticed your post.

Sorry to hear you are having the same problem as me. It's frustrating isn't it! You are around the same age as me too.

Yes, my skin doesn't seem to be showing any improvements. The last few nights I have been putting tea tree oil on the spotty areas of my face after I moisturise, and this seems to have reduced the size of the spots but hasn't taken away the redness. I'm going to keep trying this and hope they disappear!

Yes! I have only been off since end of May but I feel ugly and disgusting. I am 33 but look like a teen. To make it worse I also put on 14 pounds in 6 weeks since coming off it. So between the weight gain and the acne I also don't want to look in a mirror.

I've been struggling with the same issue... this was exactly what I needed. Thanks for the tips ladies!

I also had this problem.I found drinking lots of water helped and in time it settled down.

Mine is still awful :(
In my 3rd cycle off and it is so bad I just feel ugly.
Polar - how long did it take for you?

I was recently wondering the same? I only stopped the pill recently- after getting the IUD placed. But still took the pill for 2wks after- but right before my period started (ack- stupid flow! I sure didn't miss that being on the pill! lol)- anyway- since right before then my skin was HORRID! I felt like a teenager again and I'm 40! What the flying frack! lol. I'm hoping this is not a monthly occurrance-- but if so- I'll be going back to Proactive. I personally found it very helpful in keeping my skin clear and even, it's just been a long time since I needed it. I remember using it the last time I went off the Pill... but after time, it sorted out.

Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->