Acupuncture - does it work? Any success stories?

RKW

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm thinking of starting acupuncture for my unexplained fertility issues, 18 months TTC. I have luteal phase bleeding, but normal 30 day cycle. Has anybody found acupuncture useful? Any advice, or positive results?

Thanks in advance! :flower:

no experience or advice. i had thought of trying it for ttc and PCOS as i have heard that it helps! just looking for sucess stories/positive results or negative comments and experiences just to help me decide x

Hi jennahlou :)

Me too, I'm willing to try anything but I don't want to waste money if it has little or no effect. There is an acupuncturist near me who is align to zita west the fertility expert, and has taken her classes, so I might give him a call and find out about costs. We are getting married this year though so don't want to be spending £££s if it doesn't work.

Hard to decided what's best sometimes! Maybe it's worth trying, if only to keep me positive.

Rkw

I'm interested in trying it too. I posted this thread with a link to an article about it on one of the other forums:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/problems-trying-conceive/1039213-interesting-article-tcm.html

Thanks pinkpeony! Will have a butchers at that! :)

I did acupuncture for four months last year and fell pregnant on the fourth month. I think it really works but you have to work with it as well, I mean, you need to live a healthy lifestyle. All the best to you.

Hi laa dee daa, thanks for your help an advice, by healthy I guess you mean good food, vitamins, no alchohol/smoking? Thanks in advance RKW

Im glad I found you guys!! I have an appoinment monday!!! Ill keep you updated!

Oh yes Moorebetter please do! I rang an acupuncturist today and made an appointment for next week. Fingers crossed it will help with TTC and the stress it can involve too. :)

You don't need to go overboard....lol! My Naturopath advised me to eat good fats such as nuts, salmon and avacado as they are good for conception. Just eat well, not too much junk, alcohol or coffee but you can have some, you need to enjoy yourself. Hope you get your sticky bean soon.

Thank you laa, will get stocking up on healthy fats! Quite a fan of avocado anyway! Acocado sandwiches all around!! Lol :)

Got my first appointment next week! Will update on success or failure! :)

Well let's be acupuncture buddies :) could you let me know how it goes and if there are any tips for me? Mine is Friday. :) good luck xx

after 14 months trying I got my BFP after 4 sessions (1month) of acupuncture! it really works! GL!

I'm interested in trying it too. I posted this thread with a link to an article about it on one of the other forums:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/problems-trying-conceive/1039213-interesting-article-tcm.html

I too have looked into acupuncture, have been ttc for 14 months now, have miscarried twice, but nothing has happened now for last 7 mnths, devastated so am willing to try anything that might help:cry: I went to a chinese medical centre last nite and she looked at my tongue and took my pulse and discussed my history with me and said that my hormones were not in balance, she put the needles all over me and put a heat lamp over my stomach for 50 mins. She then gave me two types of chinese herbal tablets, one for worry and anxiety and the other for fertility which is supposed to 'warm' the utereus. However she told me to take 8 of each 3 times a day!! that is 48 tablets ontop of vitamin b6, vitex and pregnacare preconceive capsules that I am already taking!! This seems like alot, not sure if it could be good to put so much into ur system at once!Also the whole thing cost me £56 and she told me I need to go once a week! That is alot of £! Not sure where to go from here, any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!x

Good luck ladies with the acupuncture! I had a consultation to start acupuncture (had been trying for 14 cycles) and he had never had a woman go beyond 3 months of treatment without getting pregnant. I'd say a 100% success rate makes it worth it! Fortunately, though, I was just a teensy bit pregnant when I went in for the consultation and didn't have to do it after all :)

gl ladies!!!! please keep this going, I go monday Im super excited to see what she may say :)

Hi all, Moorebetter, so strange your circumstances look so similar to mine, but I'm 18 months in. Let's hope this is our time :)
Kittie, in a book by Zita West the fertility expert she talks at great length about warmth around the belly, and eating warm foods and the power of TCM (traditional Chinese medicine) so seems like your practitioner was working to the same lines. The zita west book is great, she has a website too, would reccomended it for a look -good luck! X

Hey I have been doing acupuncture for 3 months now (TTC for 7 months)! Not pregnant yet but hopefull! I find it really relaxing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->