Acupuncture - does it work? Any success stories?

They're here! Sounds like things have been crazy, but so happy they are doing well and at least one is home with you!

Wow amazing news I'm so happy they are both here I hope that you are recovering and that the girls will both be home with you soon. Would love to stay in touch with you and see how they grow :) lots of love xxx

I want to try to stay in touch more! I missed this thread! Plus as a SAHM I have some time to get online and I really want to be part of the mothering community. Sometimes I feel a little isolated as I live abroad and not many people I know have kids. BnB has really kept me sane the last few months since I stopped working and I had so many complications.

Me too V I'm a sahm also as my job ended just before maternity started but I'm greatful to have the time for my little girl. I loved this thread too :) I haven't had any acupuncture since Mahayla was born but I was induced using it! Lol!
Are there mum and baby groups where you live V? I find having a baby opens doors to new friendships everyone love talking about their kids!

Congratulations Pink!!! :cloud9: So glad your precious girls are here safe and sound. Funny how your water decided to break right after being at the doctor all day. I know Fiona's surgery and NICU stay must be nerve wracking, but it seems she is doing well and I know you're thankful that little Violet was able to come home with you. BTW, I love the name Violet. If I had had a girl, I was going to name her Violet and dh knew he wasn't going to have a say in it!!

V, that is so great that you can stay at home with Lucy! Yes, we all definitely should stay in touch. Maybe we should make another thread for acu graduates?? I'm pretty sure we will all be going back to acu sooner or later. I know I will if we end up going for a third child since I'll be in my 40s by then.

Merri - yes, there are some moms groups here and I am trying to start one for mothers who live in my neighborhood.. have some women on facebook interested, just trying to set a venue! However, there is a massive measles breakout in Vietnam right now... more than 8000 people infected, over 100 babies have died. So I just feel like we are on a bit of house arrest right now while we wait for this whole thing to calm down. I know Lucy should have the antibodies as we exclusively breast feed, but better safe than sorry.

Also some of the expat groups of women can be a little... stuffy? I don't know how to describe them... all nannies and talk of their maids/private drivers etc. Not quite the crowd we run in!

Anyways... maybe a new thread would be nice!

Oh no Cali.... talking about your next already!?!?! We actually talked about number 2 last night. DH seemed all for it now and I was the one saying we should wait! I think between the complications at the end of pregnancy and the traumatic birth of Lucy, I am good with one for a while! I guess we are lucky to have time on our side and a few years before we meed to make the decision (we are both 29).

Pink and Merri - do you think you'll go for another? When? Personally I would prefer a large age gap. My brother and I are 4.5 years apart and I think thats a really nice age gap.

Dh and I talk about it. We have frozen embryos and he's pretty keen... I need to get a bit of distance from the pregnancy and birth myself. I had a pretty awful birth experience too and a really tough recovery from the c section. The end of my pregnancy was incredibly uncomfortable too, of course that's just bc of the twins factor. But yeah... I think I'm pretty scared of giving birth again. Ask me again in a year lol

Oh no measles would be terrible to catch v, I don't thin bfing will provide immunity only a vaccine. Will Lucy get vaccinated at two months? I've heard ex pats are like that what a shame. Good on you for thinking about starting your own group.

I'm not sure about another. I had a great birth experience but Our first three monthscwere hard with Mahaylas breathing and then sleep. I'd like about four years gap maybe three. I'm 32 in august so I have time yet!

V- Measles outbreak. Wow, I would keep my baby locked away too. It's hard to believe these kinds of diseases are making a resurgence in this day and age. I can understand why folks don't like vaccines but I am way more scared of something like measles than any side effect of a vaccine.

Hopefully you will find a group of mommies you can identify with and not the stuffy ones. I wouldn't be able to bear hanging around moms like that. It gets even worse as your kids get older, unfortunately.

AFM: Yeah, I've already been thinking about #3. I almost have to start thinking now because of my age. Right now, my heart wants a third, but I really have no idea how life will be with 2--or if it's feasible financially. Or if I'll even be able to get pregnant again. Or if I can get dh to take those vitamins again.

He has brought up the subject with me in a joking way that he doesn't want another, but it's so hard to tell how he really feels because he also joked like that about #1 and #2. Really, the hardest part would be getting him to take those vitamins again. I've been trying to figure out if I could grind them up and put them in a smoothie or something without him noticing, because he will pretty much eat anything as long as I prepare it for him.

But V, Pink, and Merri, I have a feeling all of you will be going for #2 when the time is right. In a few months, all of the pain of childbirth and the infant stage will be a distant memory. Also, it's hard not to be tempted when all of your kid's friends are getting siblings. There's a lot of pressure and folks who have made a decision to stick with one really have to have strong resolve because all anybody is going to talk about once your kid gets out of the baby stage is when are you going to give them a sibling.

My theory is that having another is not a decision that anyone makes logically and if you have to think about it, that probably means that you will eventually want another. Like for me, I not only think about having #3, but what kind of permanent birth control I'm going to get after that child gets here, because I am 100% certain I don't want a fourth child.

Pink- how are the girls? Is Fiona doing alright? How is it being home with Violet? It must be so hard with Fiona in the hospital, but at least it will break you into having twin a little easier!

Cali - totally agree with you... I am sue once everything seems a little further away and Lucy gets older, I may change my mind about number 2!

Merri - could be wrong, but i think the antibodies past through breast milk help to protect your baby. Obviously only a vaccination would make her immune, but BFing does help protect her.

Hi ladies! I've read thread from start to now, and you ladies have given me hope. I've been TTC for yrs, but last yr I finally seeked help. Had HSG and all sort of tests. Tubes clear but doc says sonogram showed pcos. 3 rounds of clomid all BFNs, it also thinned my lining. 2 femara rounds BFNs! So now I'm deciding to do acupuncture starting in July as I'm not Ovulating on my own. I'm praying this really helps me. Everyone around has gotten preggo except me. It's so stressful! CONGRATS to all you ladies who finally got those BFPs! FX for those who's struggling just as I am!

Good luck MsBee! I'm sure the acupuncture will help quite a bit!! Hang in there and I can't wait to celebrate with you when you get your BFP!

Hi Msbee I really hope the acupuncture helps out as you can see we all got bfp in the end and had varying success with acupuncture. I wish you luck on your TTC journey xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->