Acupuncture

Jo Pink

Reaction score
I wondered if any of you ladies were having acupuncture as a treatment to assist with fertility.

It's something that I've considered giving ago.

Be interested to hear from anyone, especially anyone living in Surrey or South London that can give any recommendations (not sure if they're allowed on here?)

Thanks ladies.

x

I'm having acupuncture and reflexology.

Have been since about beginning of Feb.

I basically has a mmc Oct 09, af took 58 days to return, and ive always had long cycles, so went to the docs - where it was discovered i had pcos.

i also had high prolactin levels which can be down to stress, so i though this would help chill me out.

since then i have had blood test which has shown my hormones have balanced out, my second cycle after mmc was 70days long, as soon as that cycle happened acupuncturist worked on areas which related to fertility......i've just had more blood work and its shown ive ovulated already and i'm only on cd33 - which at worse means i could have a 40day cycle. so its helped with that too

now all i need is a sticky bean.

sorry to rant but wanted to share me experience.

heres a link to a thread in the ttc section, with lots of ladies having accupuncture, from all over and some have had bfps!! https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/232366-really-useful-tcm-thread.html

I have just had 3 sessions of acupuncture - but have definitely seen some changes in a very short time.

I think it is great for the body and relaxation either way.

Best wishes.

Yes, I'm having acu - been doing it since November last year. We're male factor, but I also had high prolactin levels. The therapist also said that my bleeding days didn't seem enough (blood deficiency I think) and since I started seeing her, I've found that my flow is a bit higher and goes on for a day or so longer.

I've just had 2 sessions today, one before egg transfer and one after. If nothing else, I find that the sessions very relaxing - she does breathing exercises with you, relaxation techniques, and for me today, visualisation.

Mine is in Reading, which is probably a bit too far for you to travel?

Peartree that sounds scarily like me! Male factor but high prolactin likely caused by stress!

Have just checked out your journal but wanted to add to here that I've been having refelxology and while it's been chilling me out and making me feel more balanced, it's not really helped my bloodwork so I think I'll try acupuncture next if that chills you out and people have found it helps balance bloods too! I can kinda cope with having my feet fubbed not not feeling as ace about the prospect of needles being put in me to relax me tho! Think I should look into it tho!

I'm a needle wuss too, so don't worry. After being tense the first couple of times, you realise that they don't actually hurt. I've had a few hurt, out of the many times I've had it done - when it does, just say and your therapist will adjust it a bit so you won't feel a thing. Best of luck! I'm not sure if it's helped my prolactin as I've not had bloods done since, but I am a more relaxed person overall - not sure if it's the weekly relaxation or just a newer general outlook to life and work. :thumbup:

Hi

I had acupuncture in the run up to treatment and then, like peartree, straight before and straight after ET. I can't say conclusively it was the thing that got my my lovely bfp but it certainly didn't hurt!!

Be careful of TCM, a lot of clinics warn against taking them.

Good luck

xx

Hey Hun, I'm a wuss but live in Kingston upon Thames. I've got sone Zita West approved accupuncture details so PM if you're interested and I'll dig them out x

Thank you for the advice - am in Hull and I have seen on another board that there is an acupuncturist that works with quite a few women from the women and childrens hospital there so I think i'll try and find out mroe about that!

Peartree I've been feeling the same about reflexology - not sure if it's my re-evaluation of work/life or the reflexology that's chilling me out but I figure that setting aside an hour a week to staying still can't be a bad thing anyway!

Not in England, (I'm in Canada) but just went for my first acupuncture appointment last week! I feel good about it. The needles didn't bother me at all. They also burned moxa on the ends so the treatment was very 'warming'. I felt very relaxed after my appointment.:sleep:

They did give me herbs also, but my RE asked that I not take them since he can't be sure how they'll interact with my meds. So I'm going to ask if there are things I can do with my diet instead.

Good luck - I bet you'll enjoy it like I did :thumbup:
- RB

Hi reikibaby - I am not far from toronto - nice to see a fellow canadian - and one that is close by.........I just started acupuncture too!!!

Goodluck :hugs:

Hi, Ladies,
I'm thinking of visiting a Chinese doctor for acupuncture and Chinese medicine. I have PCOS and DH has low count. Has anyones partner had acupuncture and had success with increasing there count?

Hi -Im doing acupuncture at the moment - started at beginning of Feb this year - ive been TTC for over 2.5 years now and no luck so hoping the acup helps. There is a very good Thread in the TTC section - a few girls have gotten their BFP's already with TCM. I hope im next!!!! :)

I havent noticed any major differences yet (just had session 7 last week) - im hoping it helps with my spotting which i get pre and post AF (and which I believe might be one of the reasons im not conceiving). Im taking some chinese herbs and some tablets too to help warm my uterus. I really hope it works for me.

I think you should go for it - no harm in trying and its very relaxing. :thumbup:

Hi reikibaby - I am not far from toronto - nice to see a fellow canadian - and one that is close by.........I just started acupuncture too!!!

Goodluck :hugs:

Hey Blue12! I think there are a few Ontarians on here... keep me updated on how the acupuncture goes... I am really looking forward to my appointment today - so relaxing :happydance:

Hi, I posted on here last week, saying how accu and reflexology has helped me chill and regulate hormones.

Well - I got my bfp at the weekend! Only had 6 ish sessions. So do try it x

Hi, Ladies,
I'm thinking of visiting a Chinese doctor for acupuncture and Chinese medicine. I have PCOS and DH has low count. Has anyones partner had acupuncture and had success with increasing there count?

Hi, I have pcos and got my bfp after 6 ish sessions of accu and reflexology. I also took soy this cycle which is a natural clomid.

Whilst dh doesn't have sperm problems. It has been said men should take zinc and something beginning with s (which I'll get the name of) are suppose to help sperm levels. Hes been taking them for 6 months and said he noticed a difference in qty within wks.

Hi, Ladies,

Hi, I have pcos and got my bfp after 6 ish sessions of accu and reflexology. I also took soy this cycle which is a natural clomid.

Whilst dh doesn't have sperm problems. It has been said men should take zinc and something beginning with s (which I'll get the name of) are suppose to help sperm levels. Hes been taking them for 6 months and said he noticed a difference in qty within wks.

I would guess it's selenium.

I had acupuncture for 6 months at a Natural Fertility Clinic in Edinburgh, I have since stopped due to financial reasons. It has really helped my cycle, before I had really heavy periods with lots of clots, this has really reduced, pain hasn't reduced though (adhesions and cysts). I had 3 BFPs, also 3 m/cs but it's further than we got alone and considering we had been told we'd need fertility treatment due to my endo. I also took TCM. In addition to this I was told I needed to eat "warming" foods, like chilli, ginger etc as I had wet, stagnant blood (lovely isn't it?!) I would ignore the recent comments by the British Fertility Society saying acupuncture doesn't help, there are plenty of research studies and anecdotal evidence showing it can help, and once you get to LTTTC and AC then you'll try anything. Of course this means unscrupulous people can take advantage of this but if you get recommendations and they are members of the British Acupuncture Council (there's a search facility on their site).
Good luck!

misskat29 - with your PCOS did you have AF's. Mine our none existent at the moment. I had to have tablets in January to bring AF on for my HSG I've had nothing since.
I've heard about Soy but with me going to the assisted unit next month I didn't know if I should try it with it being so close

Misskat29 - BIG CONGRATULATIONS by the way
:happydance::happydance::happydance:

I did had irregular cycles. From 20 to 50 days. July 09 I became pregnant and had a mmc oct. Since the mc my cycles have been all over, had 2 af before bfp one was 58 days one was 70.

It was after the mc that I found I had pcos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->