Addicted to Diet Coke

Dear all,

I am having a really hard time letting go of my Diet Coke.
I know it's not good for you (the artificial sweetener) and not good for conception (the caffeine), but I just need something bubbly, refreshing while I work at the computer.
Sometimes I also need the caffeine kick (I don't drink coffee or caf. teas), but mainly I like the cold, sparkling bottle of something.

I've tried carbonated water with juices, but nothing give me the same satisfaction. I must be seriously addicted.

Anybody have any suggestions? Anybody else trying / tried to stop drinking (coffee / coke / etc) and had a hard time?

I need to get serious about this, I know. As I am writing it down it sounds so petty compared to other issues...

Thanks for listening!

Christiane
Ah Chrissie I'm in the same boat!! nothing refreshes like a Diet Coke. !!! I've cut down but can NOT give it up!!! I dont smoke, drink tea or coffee and have given up alcohol and all medications, i don't even take headache tabs!! So i can't give up Diet Coke too!! A girl has to survive this TTC lark!!

Ah yes the joys of dc as we call it in my house! I went to caffeine free to start with, I would have one cf and one normal dc. Withdrawal from caffeine is a bummer, well it can be!!!
I have drank loads of the stuff lately (was not ttc) and low and behold I have just found out I am pregnant again!
Maybe my body is just used to the damn stuff.
Have immediately stopped!
Have done before and I would say I could drink about 3litres a day of the stuff!
I feel fine, I just go cold turkey!

Ah yes the joys of dc as we call it in my house! I went to caffeine free to start with, I would have one cf and one normal dc. Withdrawal from caffeine is a bummer, well it can be!!!
I have drank loads of the stuff lately (was not ttc) and low and behold I have just found out I am pregnant again!
Maybe my body is just used to the damn stuff.
Have immediately stopped!
Have done before and I would say I could drink about 3litres a day of the stuff!
I feel fine, I just go cold turkey!
wow!! that's blooming marvelous!!! Congrats!!!
When (note the pma cos usually write 'if'!) i get pregnant i will cut it down to treat item only!!

I would kill for a Coke or Caramel Macchiatto right now...:coffee:...:nope:

I'm almost finished with that 2L of Diet Cherry Pepsi - I will finish it today and then NO more. Ugh, that makes me sad. :(

you don't get the caffeine buzz, obviously, but i've found perrier (especially perrier lemon) to be quite a good replacement for my diet coke fix, as it satisfies that urge for something cold and bubbly. i never thought i would say this, but after giving up coffee for a while (back on it now-only 1 cup a day tho) i really got into peppermint tea. so refreshing and great for digestion.

I also drink sparkling water for something different than water. I'm so sick of water. If I can I'll add some lemon or lime to either for an extra treat. I've been drinking crystal light but that I suppose is a no-no due to the artificial sweeteners. I try really hard not to drink much. I really miss diet coke and coffee. A lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->