Addicted to Vicks vapour rub!

KellyC75

Mum of 4 <3
Reaction score
I am having a mad craving to sniff 'Vicks vapour rub'....:blush:

The thought of it makes my mouth water...But I am a little worried its not good for me or the LO? :shrug:

I had the same craving with DS1, so used to carry a 'sniffer' that you put up your nose

Then with DS2 I craved the smell of rubber, so used to carry a small child plimsoll around with me, for sneaky sniffs! :blush:

What are your opinions please :flower:

**runs off to open the jar**

OMG...i dont normally reply im a bit of a lurker :blush: but i have the exact same craving, i made OH go to the shop to buy me a tub i cant get enough of it !! xx

Vicks is safe to use during pregnancy. :thumbup: Even pre-pregnancy I would rub some under my nose to help with headaches and to help me fall asleep better, lol. I LOVE Vicks!!!

Oh and btw, they have kleenex with vicks now..... BEST invention ever, lol.

I love the smell of Vicks but have heard that camphor is bad while pregnant because it can cross the placenta so it confused me :shrug: If you google camphor while pregnant, it comes out as a big no-no but I suppose you can't live by everything you read can you!

I love the smell of Vicks but have heard that camphor is bad while pregnant because it can cross the placenta so it confused me :shrug: If you google camphor while pregnant, it comes out as a big no-no but I suppose you can't live by everything you read can you!

Will have a google of that....I did wonder, thanks :thumbup:

this made me giggle... a friend of mine had a rubber craving and had to cut up water bottles so she cud chew them lol

now iv never had that type of craving apart from crunchin ice cubes....this time its gettin there again but iv started on ice pops!

Also the other day was driving home and had to go past road works. they had lifted the surface of the road and i got a smell....omg my mouth watered like a tap lmao wanted to go back round and drive past again but controlled myself and carried on home. was imagining myself suckin on the roadside pmsl!!!

^^ :haha:

I too love the smell. I like it more for my colds though, which I am getting one AGAIN now!!! :cry: Thank goodness for my vicks! It helps me breathe better and relax!

Also the other day was driving home and had to go past road works. they had lifted the surface of the road and i got a smell....omg my mouth watered like a tap lmao wanted to go back round and drive past again but controlled myself and carried on home. was imagining myself suckin on the roadside pmsl!!!

Ahhh, yes, sweet~sweet tarmac....Had that craving with DS1 :haha:

Im defo a 'smell craving' kinda girl....:kiss:

Just found this about Vicks Vapour Rub on 'net doctor'

This medicine is not known to be harmful when used during pregnancy or breastfeeding. However, as with all medicines, it is important to seek advice from your doctor before using this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding

I have this with loads of things like petrol and tea tree oil! makes me drool like i want to eat it :haha:

Yes, filling the car up is great these days :happydance:

I have had cravings to smell permanant markers too....When my DH is working in his shed, I go in & say 'got anything nice to smell'? :blush::wacko::haha:

But I know that is daft & not safe

......So vicks it is :thumbup:

I use vicks rub on my nose every night....love it

Eeek!....I have just read this on Net Doctors:

Warning!

Do NOT apply to this medicine to the nostrils or directly under the nose, particularly in infants and young children.
https://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100003813.html

Warning!

Do NOT apply to this medicine to the nostrils or directly under the nose, particularly in infants and young children.

My doctor actually said t is safe to apply a dab under my nostrils. Said for me not to rub all on my chest or feet though.

Warning!

My doctor actually said t is safe to apply a dab under my nostrils. Said for me not to rub all on my chest or feet though.

That's what my dr. said. It's crazy how everything says something different. Could drive someone crazy lol

Warning!

That's what my dr. said. It's crazy how everything says something different. Could drive someone crazy lol

Definitely! Also, strange how meds we CAN have here in the US they are told NOT to take in the UK!

Warning!

Definitely! Also, strange how meds we CAN have here in the US they are told NOT to take in the UK!

Right! Makes me wonder who's actually right, if anyone is :wacko:

In the meantime I am gonna carry on having a sniff....Just in moderation! :haha:

Picture below to salivate over! :smug:

Better than permanant markers, hey! :winkwink:

Attachments

• vicks.jpg
    vicks.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 42
In the meantime I am gonna carry on having a sniff....Just in moderation! :haha:

Picture below to salivate over! :smug:

Better than permanant markers, hey! :winkwink:

:haha: I think I'm going to go find the Vicks too and just take a couple of sniffs myself. We all sound like drug addicts lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->