Adding meals

bookreader

Reaction score
Our background is we started weaning at around 4 and a half months.
LO would only get a cube of fruit and veg and has loved everything. By around 5 months he got 2 cubes in the afternoon.

Well now he is just over 6 months and he takes a 8oz bottle every 3 hours. Sometimes less.

Anyway we have introduced breakfast the last couple of days and also today i gave him a little potato and cheese at lunchtime and for dinner he got sweet potato, courgette and squash (a cube of each). He has also had salmon in cheese sauce and things for dinner. He has never refused anything.

He is still wanting the bottles though and i am worried i am giving him too much. He takes the food and still cries for the milk, although after breakfast only had 4oz.

I am just wanting advice into whether i should introduce the meals at a slower rate? Or is he simply hungry for it all. He is a big baby, in some 12-18 month old clothes.
Can i overload his system by giving him 3 meals per day? Instinct tells me he is happy with the amount of food as he turns away when he has had enough, which is rare.

Oh and also can i give him too much fruit and veg as this is what he mostly eats?

He is fine and healthy and a very happy baby. I would like to keep that :D

Thanks if you read all of this!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"