adenoidectomy?

Thank you so much for sharing your story! Sounds a little scary, but doable! I hate seeing my chikdren vomit, so maybe i can request the antinausea during the op as well:) ive heard of the cough, sore throat and headache after, so ill be ready with the tylenol! Or do you suggest maybe motrin or advil? Im not sure! Ive still not heard anything from the nurse about a surgery date, but i think thats for the best right now because im due to have my baby boy any day now! Itll probably be in sept, this is what they originally said, but i was hoping for a summer date as then she wouldnt have to miss school. Im so glad your sons feeling better, and really hopes it improves his way of life:)

I'm not sure about the meds, as I'm in a different country. Maybe ask the dr to prescribe something afterwards? They did for my son, though he hated the taste, so I switched to something I knew he didn't mind and works well for him (ibuprofen).

I have to take my 9-year old daughter now as well for an evaluation, they believe she too might have enlarged tonsils. Then we'll probably also look at September to take them out (we have week-long school break then), so we might be in the same boat as you again! But we'll first see what the dr thinks about her. Her only problem/symptom is nightly snoring.

Good luck with the birth!! :happydance: Hope it goes smoothly and enjoy your baby! Those newborn days pass way too quickly.

UPDATE! I just got a call this morning for a surgery date! It this monday coming up, i have to say even tho i was expecting it, i cried like a baby after i got off of the phone. I will update after the surgery:)

Gosh, that doesn't leave you much time! Don't worry, she'll be fine. :hugs: It really was a very quick procedure, and the recovery wasn't even half of what I prepared myself for. Just think of how much better she's going to feel when she has a solid night's good sleep. Good luck, I hope it all goes very smoothly and without any problems, and that her recovery is as easy as it was for my son. :thumbup:

Thanks hun:) i felt better after talking to the pre op person who took me thru the whole day. I talked to my daughter and she seems fine with it all, except for the iv, but they dont put that in until shes almost out, so that made her feel better:) im just worried ill go into labor before monday and miss being there for her. But my mom assured me that if that happens shell be there for B. I have to keep her out all week next week from school so she will miss some fun stuff coming up, but she seems fine with it. At least its the end of the school year so they dont get much work done. They said to keep her out of public areas for a week after because her immune system will be kaput. That will be hard, im sure she will be sick of tv after next week! Thx for sharing your story, its made me feel much better. Ill let you know how she does after the surgery, please think good thoughts for us!:)

Glad you feel a little better about it. Your daughter sounds great with it all, that helps. And yay for having your mom close at hand to stand in for you. I hope it won't be necessary though. I also kept my son out of school and away from public places for the week. It wasn't difficult with him being to tired due to his heart condition, he just laid on the couch all day, playing iPad or watching tv.

Please do remember to let us know! Good luck, not long to go now, then it's all behind you.

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->