ADHD / Aspergers / Autism

Forgot to say that after my son was diagnosed I realised I could hav aspergers and have ALOT of traits etc but nothing is diagnosed and I get on ok so dont think I need to go through a diagnosis process but I guess the genetic link could have came from me? But then I dont know where I got it from? Or if it was random x

sorry to butt in x i have a 6 ( nearlly 7 ) yr old boy who has adhd diagnosed 2 yrs ago medicated 1 year ago x his doctor tells me that adhd didnt ask about autisum and aspergers but defo adhd tends to run in the mothers side of the family rather than the fathers . i have been tested and altough they do not think i have adhd now (outgrown it was her words ) she still thinks i have alot of adhd tendincys x i also have an older boy 8 now whos father had very bad adhd when younger not so bad now can control it better but my 8 yr old has no signs of having adhd he getting on great at school great when out with friends and no misbehaviour at home ( other than what you would expect from an 8 yr old ). makes sence if it runs down mothers side thoughrather than fathers as my younger son has diff father who does not have adhd or has never had x hope this helps xx

sorry to butt in x i have a 6 ( nearlly 7 ) yr old boy who has adhd diagnosed 2 yrs ago medicated 1 year ago x his doctor tells me that adhd didnt ask about autisum and aspergers but defo adhd tends to run in the mothers side of the family rather than the fathers . i have been tested and altough they do not think i have adhd now (outgrown it was her words ) she still thinks i have alot of adhd tendincys x i also have an older boy 8 now whos father had very bad adhd when younger not so bad now can control it better but my 8 yr old has no signs of having adhd he getting on great at school great when out with friends and no misbehaviour at home ( other than what you would expect from an 8 yr old ). makes sence if it runs down mothers side thoughrather than fathers as my younger son has diff father who does not have adhd or has never had x hope this helps xx

I never knew it is common to run on the mothers side, i use to always blame it on my ex husband !!!!

funny... i came across your post and the FOB's parents thought he had aspergus when younger... but again doctors didnt put a full diagnosis on it.. he continuosly counts over and over again in his head and has a habit of waging his foot in bed... also dosnt seem to be able to take change in properly like how hes handling me been pregnant

My son is having problems now im expecting too, he is 12 but he hasnt said anything bad about the baby but he has been playing up a lot at school, but today he made a braclet saying i love you paige (its the name we have picked) I have tried talking to him but he never opens up. He seems to lash out a lot at my new partner.

Does anyone know if its more common in boys than girls? i know ADHD is more common in boys but was wondering if autism is too.

It is an estimated relation of 1:4 . it is also harder to diagnose girls though as well.

Hello. Kinda new here. I have a 5 year old with Asperger's and a 3 year old who is neurotypical. Both are boys. My son is the first one diagnosed in our family. I believe if I were a child today I would have been diagnosed as well though. We are ttc #3 now. Having a son on the spectrum has led to a lot of new information. A few years ago they were finding a link between autism and the drug pitocin often used to start or augment labor. I can't find anything recent on that. I also found something about polyhydramnios (too much amniotic fluid) and autism. I did have polyhydramnios and I was augmented with pitocin. I just thought it was really interesting. I am of the camp who believes that the environment (pollution, processed foods, contaminated water, etc)is likely the culprit. Maybe we need to stop giving people cow hormones...? Just a thought.
Adanma

I was told the other day they found a link with Autism/ADHD and cutting the umbilical cord to early, My son was cut straight away because he pooed inside of me and needed care straight away.

My mum said i had no sign of ADHD or Autism but my ex mother inlaw said her son (my sons dad) had all the same symptom but was never seen by a doctor, his mum also shows signs of Bipolar

My sons special school deals with children with behaviour problems, there is only 3 girls in the school and non at all at his special needs primary school.

I am now pregnant by a new partner and expecting a girl, im hoping the chances are low.

Well I would say that, their are definitve Genes responsible for that too , and how would one explain that People like Einstein most probably had Autism too> there was not as much chemicals in producing meat involved.

Its so interesting all the different things. My son has autism and my daughter does not have anything, my niece does though. I know having a child with autism is hard but I would actually want a boy if I had another lol. I love my son so much, I love both my children lol but an autistic child changes you for the better x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->