• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ADHD please help?

jolyn

Mam to 2, 1 of each
Reaction score
I have a 31/2 year old son and I am pretty certain he has ADHD from what I have read online. I am meeting with my HV on Wednesday to discuss this. Can anybody tell me at what age they start accepting that childrens behaviour is due to ADHD rather than their development for their age.

I have tried talking to the school about it, but with this new foundation phase for nursery I don't think they notice so much as the children are pretty much allowed to wander freely between activities.

My son is so hyperactive, needs things to be EXACTLY as he wants them or his world falls apart, never joins in with groups, cannot stop talking/making stupid noises, refuses to toilet train, hates being away from home and generally has very little control over his emotions. He has a lot of cousins and friends of the same age and behaves completely different to them.

I just don't know how to handle him anymore, it seems to get worse everyday, I am just hoping now that this behaviour can be put down to a condition rather than just being dismissed as a 3 year old.

Has anyone been through this with a child so young and has any advice?

Sounds similar to my son who has autism when he was at that age. But, I can not say that is what is going on with your child. But, just wanted to tell you that you are not alone :hugs:

My son is so hyperactive, needs things to be EXACTLY as he wants them or his world falls apart, never joins in with groups, cannot stop talking/making stupid noises, refuses to toilet train, hates being away from home and generally has very little control over his emotions. He has a lot of cousins and friends of the same age and behaves completely different to them.

This sounds just like my son who is the same age, we looked into ADHD but have been told its unlikely... But we are looking into Aspergers Syndrome(very mild autism) at the moment.

Good luck with the HV :)

my son is ADHD and autistic, he is 11
usually they dont like to strt the diagnosis of ADHD till the child is 7 onwards, my son is almost exactly the same he never toilet trained till he was almost 6!
he was diagnosised as ADHD at the age off 10 xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"