Admitted to hospital ! Scared :-(

3rdtimelucky

mammy to 3 beautiful kids
Reaction score
I have been feeling kind of off for about a week now. Niggling pains on and off but after a while they would go away.
Well today at 3 I started having pains, lower back pain with lower belly pains that were coming on average about every 3 minutes. I tried to put them to the back of my head and got on with dinner. The pains didn't ease at all so after dinner I took 2 paracetemol and had a bath but the pains still remained. Im worried as I'm only 29 weeks so I came to hospital. They done a trace and baby looks happy, they also have done an internal examination and my cervix is only 1 cm and thick which is good but contractions are still every 3 minutes. I'm trying to relax and get some rest and I'm praying the pains subside. I want my little man to stay where he is for a good few weeks yet.
I'm so worried the contractions are going to put me into labour. Keep your fingers and toes crosses for me ladies.
Also in my notes it says cervix mid- posterior anyone know what this means. Thanks for reading xx

fingers crossed hun, hope all is ok xx

If you're in preterm labour there should be some medication they can give you to stop it.

hoping your guy stays in for another couple months:)

I had a fairly similar situation a few days ago, I was given some meds to stop the contractions, and am doing better. They also gave me an FFN test to see if baby might show early, perhaps you could ask for one?

Best of luck hun!

Aw hope everything turns out ok! Mid posterior cervix means your cervix is still towards the back which is a good sign xxx

Hoping things have slowed down since your post. Please send an update. Hope all ok now. x

Hope all is ok now hun and they were able to stop the contractions - let us know when you get a chance hun.X

Thanks do much for the replies girls.
Quick update. They gave me injections to mature baby's lungs. My hospital has a policy that they won't give medication to stop labour do basically if the contractions but me into labour I will have my baby prematurely. Thankfully the contractions seemed to have eased on there own I'm still getting the but now it every 20 mins to a half hour were as yesterday they were bang in every 3 minutes. They have told me to go straight back to hospital if they become regular again as the contractions were having a slight effect on my cervix !
Had a scan to check baby's weight before I left and he is measuring 3lbs 3 oz which I know is tiny but they said he was a good weight.
I'm just hoping and praying that he stays where he is for at least another few weeks.
What is am ffn test ?
Thanks again for the kind words x

A ffn test is a fetal fibronectin test..its a vaginal swab that can say if there is a chance ypu could go into labour within 2 weeks...but just because its positive doesnt mean you will...however if negative then 95% chance that you will not go into labour within two weeks xxx

Glad the contractions have eased and I hope they go away and your little man stays put for a while! Keeping you in my thoughts!:flower:

Hope all goes well and contractions stop completely for another 10 weeks!

Oh yes I had a swab taken. Didn't get the results back yet.
All of my previous babies have been a little early. 38 weeks 37 weeks and 36 weeks so I doubt I'll go to 40 weeks but would love to get to 37 weeks :):thumbup:

I pray your little man stays and hangs in there for a couple of months xx

I have my fingers crossed your little man stays put for at least a little while longer! Hoping the pains don't come back. Be sure to take it easy mama! :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->