Adopted NTNPer trying to prevent future drama

SeaofSerenity

Reaction score
Long story short, I was adopted when I was 9 days old by my parents. My birthparents were young and not ready. I've found and met both of them since and maintain relationships with them as well. (My birthfather was the one that actually officiated my wedding. :) )

But I see future drama here. My husband and I will be moving to Austin in a few months and will possibly be pregnant by then. I worry about my mother seeing it as moving away and towards my birthmother (who lives outside Austin) instead of my husband wanting to go to UTAustin. My brother says that is why.

Also, when I do eventually get pregnant, I won't be able to go to my mother fr advice about anything, since there was a reason she and my dad adopted my brother and I. I can for baby advice, but nothing with pregnancy. I'm worried how that will go down and everything.

It's uch a specific situation, I don't expect too many people to come out of the woodwork with the same situation ,but any general advice would be great. My mother is already gonna break down like crazy with me just moving out of town. XP

Hi! I'm not in a similar situation but didn't want to leave without posting. I DO have a lot of experience with trying to mend communication with my family. I would suggest sharing stories of your pregnancy with your mom, etc even if you don't ask for advice. Plus, if she chooses to see your move to Austin as personal, even after you explain it's not- that's something she'll have to learn in time, ya know? And most likely, she will! I hope things turn out ok and you can keep close with all of your family :) best of luck!

Hi! I'm not in a similar situation but didn't want to leave without posting. I DO have a lot of experience with trying to mend communication with my family. I would suggest sharing stories of your pregnancy with your mom, etc even if you don't ask for advice. Plus, if she chooses to see your move to Austin as personal, even after you explain it's not- that's something she'll have to learn in time, ya know? And most likely, she will! I hope things turn out ok and you can keep close with all of your family :) best of luck!

Well said!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->