ADU Update

MrsE

Reaction score
Well went to the Antenatal Day Unit 9.00am.

The midwife was really nice and expalined everything, including how the procedures changed on friday (typical) but in a good way.
The new guidelines say that you can choose induction from Term + 10 days or you can have a check up at the Day Unit every 2 days and a scan as needed and let nature take it's course.

She asked if I wanted to try the sweep and explained what she'll do so I said "yes, I'll try anything". Anyhow turns out my Cervix is tightly closed and firm so she couldn't do it :cry:

Then she strapped me up to a monitor for 20 minutes and it displayed the babies heartbeat and my contractions and went up and down.
It printed off a little graph and everytime the baby moved I had to press a little button. I felt like a weathergirl lol. And the bed was soooo comfy I want one for home now lol.
The baby moved around loads and Heartbeat ranged from around 130 - 170 and I had a few small contractions Braxton Hicks I think.
So she said the baby is perfectly healthy and happy in there :happydance:

I didn't get a scan as they now don't do them until Term + 10 and I'm only Term + 9 today.

I have another appointment on Tuesday at 11.20am for a check over and will definately have a scan this time and depending on the liquor (fluid) I can leave it and be checked every 2 days until Labour or I can choose and induction at anytime from Term + 10.
The midwife was great and really put me at ease and said, don't feel pressured to do anything you don't want to do.

So to sum up, If nothing happens this weekend then I'm back tuesday which will be Term + 13 and I think I'll opt for induction around the end of the week if nothing happens.
Not what I wanted and so much for the home birth but I just want to meet by baby and know that he/she is safe. As I know there can be risks with the placenta etc if you leave it too long.
Mw said not to think about that as the scans will pick anything up and just to see how I feel at each appointment.

So think I'll be the last one to have my baby :hissy:

Cx

Aww hun how frustrating ! baby is far too comfy in there ! try jumping up and down !!!lol

:hugs: I hope the little bubbs come out to meet you soon Hun.:hugs:

oh hun hope lo arrives soon and you get ur home birth

Hang on in their I know its so fraustrating at this late stage. Dont feel to dispondant that she wasnt able to do a sweep. When I went into be induced she tried to do a sweep first and couldnt reach cause my cervix was high and closed, and then a couple of hours later my waters broke and contractions started 10 mins after that.

Wont be long now!

Aww hun, not too long now!

The baby will be gaining extra lbs in there so it might be a healthy 10lber u have!! as dont they say when u go over they put on a lb a week?:wacko:

xxxxxxx

That's great that they're not pressurising you to do anything. The MW is right that the monitoring will pick up if anything's wrong.

Aww i think it is good that you are being given the choice. I know it must be very frustrating for you but try to keep your chin up .. you will be holding bubs soon no matter what. :hugs:

hey mrs e i think the are leaving you too long as it is they should of given you a scan yesterday to see what was going on with baby dont worry hun wont bee too long why dont you ask on tuesday to be induced this also can take several days to work but dont think about that it will be nice to have a baby at last keep me updated hun xxxx

Still here lol.

Had some period type pains all day and my hips are killing me, can't even sleep properly at night because of them. Hopefully it's my bits and pieces starting to get ready lol.

I don't particluarly want to be induced just yet as baby is doing fine, been bouncing around in there on and off all day. And midwife said it seems perfectly healthy and the trace was showing it's not under any stress.
Will see how tuesday goes and if I'm still here they should give me an appointment for thursday (Term + 15) which I might ask to be induced at.
It's getting really uncomfortable now but as long as bubs is healthy I'll suffer as long as I can :hugs:

Cx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->