Advent calendar

starlight1

Reaction score
My lo is 18 week and I was wanting a advent calendar for her do you have any idea of what I could do? Or will I just have to wait till next year! Xx

Do you mean the chocolate advent calenders? If so i would definitely wait until next year :)

Also next year if you didnt want to do chocolate you can buy the ones with the pouches that you fill and you could put some healthier treats or a mix.

you can buy advent calendars that just have piccies under the windows instead of choccies ui dnt know were from but my nan used to buy them us

I'm getting her a Hello Kitty one... I'll be eating it for her :haha:

I won't b giving her chocolate I have a material one but I just wanted sumfing for her it sounds good getting one n me eating the chocs lol! Xx

We've got James one, but i'll eat the chocolate :rofl: I might let him have a little lick though :flower:

We've got a wooden one that you fill yourself. I'm going to put chocolates in for me and oh, then slips of paper with snack or lunch ideas for lo (rice cakes, pancakes, organix snacks etc). Might also get an advent candle for him.

Mil has bought us one but then she buys us one every year, its a paper one that you just open for the pictures not chocolate. Personally I don't like the chocolate ones but maybe that's because I didn't have them as a kid. Growing up for me the excitement of the advent calendar was seeing the picture underneath (nativity related even though we weren't a strongly religious family) and counting the days. Nowadays they all seem to be chocolate filled Disney/Ben 10/Barbie things, which have their place but I don't like them and get annoyed at the lack of traditional ones in the shops.

I might make them when she's older. Or buy one of the fabric ones with pockets and put a Christmas decoration in each, so she can hang it on the tree and fill it up throughout December.

Anyway lol... I will probably show her the advent calendar but I doubt she'll really be interested for another year or two at least.

Daniel has a reusable cloth advent calender.
we are going to put an animal biscuit in each pocket for him

https://www.atb-bargains.co.uk/ekmps/shops/atbbargains/images/organix-12-month-goodies-animal-biscuits-100g-4622-p.jpg

However, as your LO is much younger, you could put what you want in this year and eat it yourself ;)

my 2 girls have an advent stocking with 24 small pouches which i fill each year, once the pouches are empty then santa comes to fill the stocking...! will be getting one for lo next year. this year i have a choccie one for me and one for oh so he can share those... :)

i got an eric carle one off amazon. its a 3d xmas tree with 3d santa and doors to open with different things to put on the tree inside and was only £5, its gorgeous and a nice decoration for the living room! i wanted to get a special one/ different one and this one fitted the bill. I also got a matching one for my lo's cousins who are 2 and 4 for their house (wrote the card from my lo) so that they all have something in common and have a bit of a bond. i love xmas! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->