Advice Choosing Travel System/Pushchair

K

ka_ox

Hi :) I know it's abit early in the pregnancy to decide, but there's so much on offer it just confuses me.

I need a travel system/pushchair which:
- I can use on public transport.
- Will fit in the boot of a small car.
- Is sturdy enough so I can go out walking alot with it.

But most importantly, my baby is due in November so will be a winter baby. So I'd like one which protects it from the harsh weather and keeps it warm.

All I know is I don't like Quinnys. Other than that I don't have a clue.

FOB's mum suggested a Silver Cross Linear Freeway, however sone reviews say they have trouble fitting it into a small boot and on public transport and it's heavy?

I've looked at a Graco Quattro Tour Delux Travel System, Graco Sterling Travel System and a Maxi-Cosi Streety Travel System. But I'm unsure which is best.

My budget is £300 at the VERY max.

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions please? :) x

I'm thinking of getting a silver cross 3 pram system. I've got a very small boot and tried this at babies r us and it fits perfectly. It's got great add ons to. Quinnys fold down the smallest but I hate them :nope:

I have a silvercross 3d pram system and it fits into the boot of my renault clio.

I'm not that keen on it to be honest, my baby was born in december and by March once the weather warmed up a little I bought a lightweight stroller from babies R us.

The reason I didn't like the 3d was it was such a faff to put together, one hood for using the car seat/travel system, a different hood and muff for the pram. That said, I did like the pram part cos it was lovely and snug and felt comfy for LO. I found it to be quite heavy as well.

If I had my time again I would buy a birth-4 years car seat and a proper pram, then later on get rid of the pram when ready to buy a more lightweight pushchair, just my opinion but it would have saved me a fortune.

Also have a look at buying second hand!

Make sure you try pushing it with some weight in before buying, I had a cheapie Hauck travel system, which felt fine empty, but stick a baby in and it was awful! Friends have also had trouble with them being heavy or bulky, or not having anywhere to put their shopping.

Thankyou everyone :)

I'm going to the shops tomorrow to look at prams and such, so I guess that will give me a better idea.

I agree with you Mooin about the silver cross pram coming with great extras, I think there's some good deals on it too.

Claire, so would you suggest getting a carseat, a not very expensive pram and then a lightweight pushchair ready for summer? It does seem a better idea, after your advice.
It's also a good idea that you tried it out in the boot, I may do the same and also see how easy I find it to put the pram down.

Also blah, as you suggested trying prams with weight in them, how do I do that? I'm sorry for sounding dumb, but I think it's a good idea -it's practical- I'm jut unsure of how to? Lol.

Thanks for the help :) x

I would strongly recommend looking into extended rear facing (ERF) and ERF seats before buying a "travel system." If I had it to do over, I would have bought just an ERF seat that went from birth through toddler years and a separate pram/stroller. Would have saved lots of money that way!

Thankyou everyone :)

I'm going to the shops tomorrow to look at prams and such, so I guess that will give me a better idea.

I agree with you Mooin about the silver cross pram coming with great extras, I think there's some good deals on it too.

Claire, so would you suggest getting a carseat, a not very expensive pram and then a lightweight pushchair ready for summer? It does seem a better idea, after your advice.
It's also a good idea that you tried it out in the boot, I may do the same and also see how easy I find it to put the pram down.

Also blah, as you suggested trying prams with weight in them, how do I do that? I'm sorry for sounding dumb, but I think it's a good idea -it's practical- I'm jut unsure of how to? Lol.

Thanks for the help :) x

If you know someone with a small child, you could take them along with you. Otherwise just find something in the shop that weighs a decent amount. There's always various toys and things about, the staff should be used to it. I suggested a friend of mine did this, and the assistant stuck a bag of play sand in!

Lol ooh sands a good idea! I never thought of that :)
And I can always bring my five year old nephew with me haha.
Thankyou for the advice and suggestions x

I have an Obaby Zezu Pramette which cost me £190 and the car seat which cost me £60 so all together it was still cheaper than most travel systems out there. I love it! It's lightweight, easy to maneouvre, and folds down small. You can even take the wheels off really easily to make it smaller still! :thumbup:

Ooh I'll google that in a minute :) I have heard that they are good ones. Thankyou x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->