Advice / direction from women who have never been pregnant...

Every since I told my work, one of the women in my office keeps asking stupid questions (well I think they are stupid anyway :rofl:) The best one so far is 'So what do you want? A boy or a girl or are you not bothered?' Eh, hello it's not like I can send it back or that I have any control over it!!!!

:rofl:

I find myself saying "all that to come" :rofl: It's my way of preparing myself! But I agree with dragonfly, in a way. The parents who are the worst for excusing "bad" behaviour are the ones who allow it. The key is understanding why children do what they do and finding ways to handle it that work for your family.

I firmly believe that the "terrible twos" aren't that bad anyway. People just remember a few incidents and latch onto them, even though that behaviour isn't typical. My mum says I wasn't a problem at all when I was a toddler, which just goes to show that it isn't inevitable.

I haven't had too many people offer advice, those that have have all been parents already. But it is really annoying when they fail to acknowledge that every pregnancy is different. When I told one woman I worked with that I hadn't had morning sickness (I was about 13-14 weeks by that point) she made a face and said something like "Oh just you wait." Implying that I could get sick any moment and would stay sick throughout - just because she had really bad sickness throughout.

im on my 3rd now and still dont think i have the right to give people advice on their pregnancy or how to bring up their kids, unless someone asks for my advice ofcourse. we all do it differently anyway!

so when people try to do it to me i just go oh yea and then switch of and just hear blah blah blah, whatever....

i had a right go at a midwife though when i was in hospital for weeks before having my dd1 due to pre-eclampsia, she started on some advice or other about being in labour, when i asked how many kids she had and she said none i said well what the hell do you know about going through labour, i dont care how many times shes seen a birth you never know that pain until you go through it! turns out she was new to it all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->