Advice/Experience of Evening Primrose Oil Caps

Newbie to the whole EPO thing....when you say insert them do you mean the actual whole capsule? And how far do you insert them? xxx

yes, i insert 2 capsules fully down there but just b4 you go to sleep so ya not leaking everywhere and wear knickers (obvs) and 4 orally x

Newbie to the whole EPO thing....when you say insert them do you mean the actual whole capsule? And how far do you insert them? xxx

yes, i insert 2 capsules fully down there but just b4 you go to sleep so ya not leaking everywhere and wear knickers (obvs) and 4 orally x

TMI but how far do you insert them?

as far as ya finger can push lol sorry tmi but thats what i do, as near to the cervix as possible

Hiya ladies, I've been taking EPO since 36+5, 2x500mcg orally each morning, then from 37 weeks I upped it to 2x500mcg orally in the morning + 1x500mcg orally + 1x500mcg vaginally just before bed (chaz.n.lily's totally right about the potential leakage! I amde the mistake of not wearing knickers the first time I put one 'up there' and woke up thinking my waters had gone... lol). I'm now 38+2 and have no idea how its affected my cervix! My MW doesn't do internal examinations at all at any of my appointments (as I reckon it's just too early for that kind of thing yet?) so I have no idea.

I'm REALLY keeping my fingers crossed that this helps dilation and ease of the birthing experience (although I am obviously prepared for it to hurt!) as I have scar tissue from a LLETZ procedure I had last March, so really hoping that this helps soften that tissue and helps things dilate normally.

Does anyone have any updates from the ladies who have commented previously about being a certain % effaced and so many cms dilated? Any babies arrived yet? xxx

I started 500mg of epo internally at 34 weeks. Baby was already 6 pounds and I didn't want to take them orally. By 37 weeks I was 1, almost 2 cm dialated and 50% effaced but baby was still at station -3. But this is my first sommy dr was impressedI upped it at 37 weeks to 1500mg. I think I'll up it again at 38 to 3000mg. I'll try and update this on we'd after my exam if it stays current. I lost my plug at 37 weeks exactly.

I started taking EPO orally 1000mg last week. I take 1 1000mg cap per day and yesterday and today have been losing bits of plug. Nothing major and no blood so it's perfectly fine but that's how quick it can work. If I have any sign of anything else I would stop them though. And they do give you loser bowels. As with how far to insert them you just push them until you can't push it anymore, that's what I got told anyway. But I won't start inserting until I'm full term.

Just out of curiosity- ladies who are taking EPO, does it say vitamin e is one of the ingredients on the ones you are taking? I've been inserting 2x1000mg now at night, but was a bit worried as theres quite a high amount of vitamin E in the capsule, not sure how much is safe, or if it can be bad for LO? Anyone have any idea? x

Just out of curiosity- ladies who are taking EPO, does it say vitamin e is one of the ingredients on the ones you are taking? I've been inserting 2x1000mg now at night, but was a bit worried as theres quite a high amount of vitamin E in the capsule, not sure how much is safe, or if it can be bad for LO? Anyone have any idea? x

I have ones with vitamin e in. The vitamin e is only 6.7 mg. That's 10 IU (international units) you can take up to 400 a day x

Hi ladies! I know this is an old thread but I wanted to know if anyone had and feedback on what happened to them using EPO? Im 34+5 my birthday is tomorrow yay! But any who I've been taking EPO for 3 days now orally 1000mg thats how it comes. So just wanted to know any updates?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->