Advice from a 3rd Tri

CountryS2011

Reaction score
I hope it's okay I'm popping in. I like to go through boards since I've been through it already and can help people with their questions.

1) SYMPTOMS : I had NONE. Honestly, none. I had no periods and out of the 2 years with my ex, only slept with him 2x that week for the final times (I realized I probably should try to stop with it) and sure enough, pregnant. If it wasn't for a routine pregnancy test before surgery, I would have taken my pill to jumpstart my period and miscarried. So ladies, even though you don't have a symptom doesn't mean you're not pregnant! I thought it was a load of hooty patooty, but nope. First symptom was 13 weeks and it was smell...only Cigarette smoke. Luckily I found out at 6 weeks and stopped full blown by 9 weeks, so I didn't have to endure the cigarette smell.

2) PREGNANCY TESTS : I took 8 to really believe I was pregnant. Digi's, Cheap ones, FRER's...and some would turn out dark and some light. So if you have a dark pregnancy test and then a light one, don't fret so much. It could be just the type of test! I took an answer and it was REALLY light compared to FRER's and I'm still cooking.

3) DON'T FRET : Try not to fret. I understand, I was there, and even now I still fret, but try not to. Try and distract yourself...you think it'll end in first tri, it doesn't. If anything, it gets worse. Once you start feeling them move, you FREAK if you haven't for even an hour. You're worried about the cord, you're worried about if they're okay or if when you push on your stomach to get them to move that you're actually hurting them...it never stops. So try and enjoy it

4) STRECHING : Your uterus WILL stretch later on and freak you out. It's painful, but hey, it happens. Just go lay down for a bit.

5) HOROMONE : Warning, hormones. I have been great this WHOLE pregnancy, until the hormone spikes happen. At the beginning, and around certain weeks, hormone spikes happen and yes, you will be able to tell when that is...then at the end, it's 24/7. SO prepare yourself to cry for no reason and even cry because you're crying for no reason. To get mad at the little things. It's not all the time, but there are spikes and you'll know.

If anyone needs advice from beginning pregnancy to if you're a single mom (ex left with no reason @ 9 weeks) don't hesitate to write. I hope this helps and I hope you all have a h&h 9 months!

That was great advice :hugs: thank you... It's just so hard before about 12 weeks x

Thanks! Best of luck for the last couple of weeks of pregnancy!

Thank you for your advice! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy :)

Thanks for the advice :) hope rest of your pregnancy goes well and congrats, won't be long till you meet your baba :)

All of that is so true. Also I didn't ever get dark positive, all of them were so faint I had no hope at all.. but she's still in there!

Thank you! It's hard to keep in mind that every pregnancy is different so thank you for the reminder.

Thankyou so much you have no idea how great it was to hear that. In 6w and have absolutely no symptoms, nothing at all! I'm so worried, not even sore boobs!

Good luch with the rest of your pregnancy xx

Great post, thank you :)

I think First Tri sort of needs a FAQ sticky post because there is a running theme of the same batch of posts everyday 'I just got my BFP and I don't have symptoms' 'I've just sneezed, have I hurt the baby' etc etc

I did worry myself silly for a couple of weeks but quickly realised that if something bad is going to happen then unfortunately there isn't anything that can be done about it and worrying isn't going to stop it happening!

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy :) xx

Thanks again for this post. I just reread it to help me calm down a bit after reading some heartbreaking miscarriage threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->