Advice from experienced home birthers please..

SoyLatte

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm still very early in(we just got the BFP this past week), and I was wondering how early should I meet with a MW? I've looked up the ones who are in our area but how soon is too soon/early?

Thanks for advice and tips!:hugs:

I'd contact them as soon as you can. Most midwifery practices here in the US are pretty small and they will only take a certain number of women who are due around the same time.

When they want to see you for a first appt. will vary depending on the midwife. Many will do an initial consultation for free quite early on so you can ask questions, learn about their pracitice and decided if you want to work with them.

Mine doesn't start actual pre-natal appointments until about 10 weeks, I think if I was due to have a pap they would have booked an appointment at 8 weeks for that.

The first place I wanted to go was full for my due month, and I had called them on 10DPO. Seriously.

The second was almost completely booked, I got in as the last. But my first real appointment isn't until next week. We did an interview around 4weeks to make sure we liked the MW.

Thanks for the heads up ladies. Looks like I have some calls to make today. :)

When I first found out I was pregnant , me and my husband discussed our options and talked about what we (I) wanted in a birth.
I wanted a home birth, so I looked online to find a midwife in our area, as they are very uncommon around here I didn't find a lot.
But the one I did find had GREAT reviews so I decided to call their office at around 5 weeks pregnant.
My first appointment was at 6 weeks.

Best decision we've made so far!

Oh and.. CONGRATS!!!

:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe