Advice, Help, Support please....

twinkle458

Mum to Charlie & 2 Angels
Reaction score
Hi

I dont really know where to start...DH and i seem to have been propelled into a world i know nothing about...

We have been married 5 years, and are blessed with ds who is 2. I have had 2 mmc, one in 2009 & one this year in April..

Having been ttc for 18 months, we have been to our GP and had initial tests done. My 28 day bloods have come back normal, but DH has done 2 sperm samples. He had to do two due to them not checking motility on the first. Sperm count is normal, but he has 100% non motility so as of Tuesday is classed as infertile..... we are both devastated...
Our GP has asked him to do a third sample which will be looked at through a microscope (rather than machine examined, which they do normally apparently), and she did say to him it was a 'bad sample' but did not expand on this.

She also said the machine couldn't see anything which is unusual so the third sample will be looked at through a microscope. Does anyone have any experience of this???

Do any of you lovely ladies know if a third sample is a normal thing to be asked to provide? Are they just checking that the results are correct? What happens now? and how in gods name have i managed 3 pregnancies unless its a progressive thing in which case that needs investigation doesn't it???

help.....

It sounds unusual for your DH to have 100% non motile sperm, if you've already got a child. Maybe the lab messed up, and by the time the sample were analysed, the sperm were dead? My DH had a vasectomy reversal, and when he had an SA we looked at it through the microscope at the clinic. It was very reassuring to see them swimming about. Sorry, but I don't know if having 3 samples is normal, but it sounds a bit suspect to me. Hopefully it's their errors and your DH is just fine. FX for you xx

I am no expert but I also think it sounds like they may have messed up. Also sperm quality does change though, so it's possible that he had better sperm when you got pregnant before. But it's also possible to improve sperm quality I believe, through diet and exercise and vitamins. It must be devestating for you to get told something like that :hugs: but try to stay positive. Let us know how you get on. :hugs:

I would get the third test done sounds like the sample was left out to long. I was told that after 30 min sperm start dying off and they will show up on the analysis as nonmotile dont know how true this is but I wish you the best of luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->