Advice: low lying placenta

angelmum31

Reaction score
So I have just had my 20 week scan - baby boy looked great but sonographer said my placenta was low and I had to have another growth scan at 32 weeks. Baby was measuring average size/weight.

Is this anything to worry about ladies?

Mine is low too, they said not to worry as usually moves up :)

Mine moved up between 19 and just over 21 weeks. I had to go back because baby girl was being stubborn. It was less than 2 cm away and by 21 weeks it has moved to more than 2. I also have a growth scan at 32 weeks and I had one with my first baby too and I didn't have a low lying placenta the first time.

I was told mine is low when I had a scan at the local ER for severe cramping. That was the reason they gave as to why it was happening. OB then told me to go on pelvic rest because placenta previa couldn't be ruled out, but said not to worry because 90% of cases move up and out of the way and for me it's not a non-issue because I'm having a c-section already. Just take it easy, no lifting over 10 lbs (which if you have a toddler like I do, good luck), no long walks or grocery trips without a scooter, and ask your OB whether or not he wants you on pelvic rest until the next scan.

Well i was made to have a doctors appoint at the hospital today and they told me I may experience bleeding in which case I must get myself to hospital. Was also told not to carry my nearly four year old daughter and to rest when I can. I will prob he having a c section again (by choice) anyway but that if i experience bleeding it may be done sooner. Hoping that it simply resolves itself easily and quickly xx

I have a low lying anterior placenta. My consultant said I have until 34 weeks for it to move. I have another scan next week so I will see if it has moved. My last scan was 2 weeks ago. I wasn't told to take it easy. I'll ask next week.

I just had my anatomy scan 2 days ago and was told my placenta was also low lying. I was shown it on the screen. I went in to see my doctor just after, and she said she wasn't too worried and that it almost always moves.

I have a low lying placenta too. Dr said its 1.1cm away from cervix, she said 95% of the time it moves up. I go back on the 30th for a follow up, hopefully it's moved up by then! I'm terrified of a csection.

I had placenta previa with my third little boy. My midwife/sonographers were totally laid back about it and didn't even seem to take it as a complication. I would listen carefully to any advice you get from the professionals and look at for any bleeding as it can come on very fast and very heavy. Chances are it will move though so try not to worry

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->