Advice needed about work... :(

mrscookie

Mama and expecting
Reaction score
Hi girls, im due to go on maternity leave 6 weeks before baby is due, however im starting to get tired, the pressure of the job is becoming very hard to handle (phone sales woman) all staff are being threatened with disciplinary as we have not hit target for 2 months, and I dont need it..

they are changing work hours so we have to open an hour earlier, and now are doing late nights on thursdays too... which would mean me walking back to my car in the dark (dont park in town due to multi story costs) so I park on an estate and walk in..about a 15 min walk, which i wont want to do at 8pm on my own.

My area manager keeps popping over and asking me to do roll plays with him on how I do sales etc, making me feel stressed and nervous before hand. I just don't think any of this is doing my baby any good what so ever.. but when I mention it i just get '' were all in the same boat'' which is true, but its harder for me. I have had a risk asessment done where the lady told me not to open the heavy shutters when I open the shop, but when I told my bosses they just frowned and dismissed it and said '' really?''
like i'd make it up.... im just not happy anymore, my baby girl must be suffering from my depression... but it does not seem to matter to anyone except me and hubby.
Do I leave a bit earlier? I was thinking of changing my maternity leave from 17th december, to 1st december.

I hate that I wont get as much time with my little girl after... but most important to me is HAVING A HEALTHY little girl, a little girl who is born healthy and well....

:(

I think I'm gonna do the same as you and change from Dec 15th to Dec 1st >.<

i wish I was as far ahead as you so I wouldnt feel so bad about starting so soon.. I refuse to work so close to birth, so many feel compelled to ask why im leaving so early! The reason is because im finding it hard to cope... its getting so much harder
:(
Its nice to know were in the same boat blah *hugs*
xxxx

Oh don't worry a few of my friends left work at 30 weeks :\ It's completely upto you. Every woman finds pregnancy different so don't let anyone try and change your mind.

p.s. that cake looks delish.

i wanna eat it.... lol.. i wish i had a cake right now.
i think i will be 32 weeks ish when i leave, so I guess its not so bad. i just worry about our baby not being healthy because of my stress xxxx

Baby + you come before other peoples opinions!

:cry: I hate to see you so down. :(

I think Like blah, babes and you are before anything. Go with your gut. If it says leave on the 1st then do so. You will be healthy and happier, and even if you have to go back to work earlier, at least you got the stress free time before your princess came to relax and bake her into the happy and healthy baby you want.

Your bosses are being asses by the way, saying that you are all in the same boat...are they all pregnant?!?! :grr:

Love you honey bunch. If I was you, I would go early.
xoxoxoxooxox :hugs:

Thanks blah and jayjay... I will send an email telling them that this is my 28 days notice of changing the date. Its hard and i dont want to, but i do want to if you know what i mean.
you girls mean alot to me, so your opinions count for everything.

*masssive huuugs*

Hun just listen to your body, if work is stressing you out and making you feel like crap then go. Whats a couple of weeks earlier for the sake of your's and LO's wellbeing? :hugs:

:hugs:
If things are getting hard then it sounds like the best thing to do.

Have you thought about finding another job whilst on leave? a less stressful one

Go for it Melbo! I put a similar thread on a while ago and somebody replied that when your old and grey and look back on your life its unlikely you'll think 'I wish I had worked longer when I was pregnant...' :rofl:
I'm going v.early, I put my due date into the direct gov tiger tool & it said I could finish on Dec 7th! Hoorah!
I work in sales too and if you are not 100% focused on it your results suffer & I just can't reach my targets anymore. I would prefer to go early than deal with the stress of performance management.
Hope it all goes well for the time you have left xxxxx

I def think you are doing the right thing. If you are stressed its not good for either of you. Take the time off and enjoy the time you have to let your little one have a stress free last few weeks in your belly :hug:

thankyou everyone. Im calling up today to bring it earlier. i cant wait to be honest :)
more or less one full month to go... :)
xxxxxx i dont want to go back there after.. but the money is good so I will have to see. i think alot depends on whos still working there when im due back

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->