Advice needed. Beta hCG not doubling!

gypsymama

Reaction score
I had my first beta hcg at 12dpo and it was 51. Then on 14dpo, it was 160. Today, I called the Dr about the pain on my right side and he ordered another bhcg and it was only 291. It hasn't doubled and it's been 9 days since my last one. Has anyone ever had this happen? What was the outcome? I can't talk to the Dr until tomorrow and I'm freaking out! :cry:

If I understand correctly there was 9 days between the hcg of 160 and 291?

That is a long time in between, and most doctors will probably tell you it isn't a good sign. But I believe in miracles, so as hard as it is, try to hold onto hope. Mine started out doubling this pregnancy, but stopped and had a doubling time of 5-6 days. Turns out I had a vanishing twin (so when the one stopped growing, my hcg slowed significantly). Hoping for miraculous good news for you!

That is a long time in between, and most doctors will probably tell you it isn't a good sign. But I believe in miracles, so as hard as it is, try to hold onto hope. Mine started out doubling this pregnancy, but stopped and had a doubling time of 5-6 days. Turns out I had a vanishing twin (so when the one stopped growing, my hcg slowed significantly). Hoping for miraculous good news for you!

Thank you so much. I'm trying very hard to stay positive. Waiting to hear from the Dr, not sure what they'll say, but holding on to a sliver of hope. Also, congratulations. I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months!

Hopefully you hear from your doctor soon! With the pain and the low HCG/not doubling, they should order an Ultrasound to see what is going on in there. Fingers crossed for you and hope that baby is in the right place.

Hopefully you hear from your doctor soon! With the pain and the low HCG/not doubling, they should order an Ultrasound to see what is going on in there. Fingers crossed for you and hope that baby is in the right place.

With hcg that low, they wouldn't see much of anything on an u/s yet....

Spoke to my Dr's nurse and we reviewed the results. I have to repeat the bhcg tomorrow or Thursday. She's going to call me back to let me know if the Dr wants me to go in for an ultrasound today or wait until after my next bhcg. Keeping my fingers crossed.

With hcg that low, they wouldn't see much of anything on an u/s yet....

This is true....lol But they might be able to verify not ectopic.

That is quite a long doubling time however like everyone said anything can happen don't give up hope just yet!! Hope your next set of numbers are great for you!

Looks like I'm out, ladies. My beta hcg levels are decreasing and I started spotting tonight. :cry: The only thing I can hope for at this point is that I miscarry naturally and that it's not an ectopic. I will speak to Dr tomorrow to find it what the game plan is, but not much I can do at this point except grieve, take some time to come to terms with this and try again when I'm ready.

Thank you for all the words of support and encouragement. I hope you all have healthy pregnancies. :hugs:

So sorry to hear of your loss. I hope things go as smoothly as possible from here.

Be extra nice to you, take care of yourself like you would want to care for your best friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->