Advice needed from people working with children please

I'm a teaching assistant, would you consider doing that ?

I love it, no 2 days are the same!

I have experience teaching (primary) and being a nursery nurse (at kids unlimited funnily enough!!) and am quitting to become a veterinary nurse! lol! Teaching is a lot of hard work, and although the wages seem fantastic, if you actually take into account the (real) hours teachers work- its not even minimum wage! Eg i often worked from 7:30 am to 9:00pm (at school and at home) monday to friday, all day saturday, and half of sunday. School holidays are the same.

Nursery nurse: I enjoyed it more than teaching, although for the amount of responsibilities they have, they really dont get paid enough either! i suppose it could get boring, but only if you let it! eg if you do exciting things and activities with the children, then you will find it exciting too! As for KU nurseries- i didnt agree with a lot of their policies. The one that stood out was that we werent allowed to draw eyes on snowmen! Because theyre not real! Same for father christmas- not allowed to have anything to do with him- because he's not real! No cartoons allowed on the walls. eg if you wanted a pic of a dinosaur on ur wall, it couldnt be a cute cartoon one- it had to be a real diagram/sketch! No fairies etc... i could go on!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->