Advice needed from you lovely ladies

lionheartnz

Loving My OH and Bump
Reaction score
A friend of mine has just found out that she is 17 and a half weeks pregnant with triplets! She found out four days ago, is not with the father, and her mum has kicked her out because of it.

Apart from her family I am the only one who knows, I want to be a good friend and help her, but am not sure what I should be doing.

I also just need to share this info with someone, we work together and she is not ready to tell anyone at work, and I dont really know anyone outside work.

Any advice?

hope no one minds me posting this here, I lurk here all the time but havnt had much to say this far.

Ah I'm not sure,its a tricky one.Just be there for her as much as you can,go for the scans with her if she wants you to,listen to her,make her drinks...just be as supportive as you can.Maybe get her to go to Citizens Advice--they might have advice on any benefits she can claim..x

How old is she? What a horrible time for her, so stressful. I can't understand her Mum throwing her out, how can she not care what happens to her own child and THREE grandchildren? Anyway, as the other girlies said, just be supportive. You don't have all the answers but what she probably needs more than anything is a friend, and the opportunity to talk it through.

you could try doing some research for her? see if the government helps out people in her situation. being practical is helpful on one level but equally as helpful is you being there for her emotionally as the other ladies say.

hope all works out ok :)

Just be there for her when she needs you x

much has been said, just be there for her. But maybe go to citizens advice or if your local MP (are you British, sorry?) has a surgery or an office, go and see them. they will be able to help you with finding info x

Hi
There is a section on here for mums of multiples and those expecting multiple babies. Maybe they could help you....????

That must be really hard for both of you. I'd be there for her and look on the internet for the services that can help her.
:hug:

Don't know if she's got somewhere to live but i'd advise her to get on the council housing list or see her local council homelessness section who should give her somewhere to live (certainly when she has three babies she will be high up on the priority list - but not sure if you live in UK?) Other than that it sounds as if she'll need you as a listening ear, as she's all on her own. what an awful situation to be in... i can imagine being pregnant with triplets would be scary enough,then not having the support of the father or her mum, its got to be hard. She must be glad to have a good mate like you.xx

Thank you all for your advice, I have a day off tomorrow so might to in to the citizens advice office thing and do some research.
Im in New Zealand so not sure bout how housing and things like that works.
oooh hadnt thought about the multiples section, thats a good idea
thanks again

I hope your friend is doing well, I can't begin to imagine what is going through her minf right now. good luck :hug:

She is doing really well, she had a few days of freaking out and the thing with her mum didnt help. But now she is kind of looking forward to having little ones.
Shes having two girls and a boy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->