Advice needed -- I'm having a stressful time

coolchip10

Reaction score
I'm 30 weeks today and my anxiety is out the roof. I usually take medication for it but quit all of it before I got pregnant bc my doctor recommended it. So I've got issues at work worrying me, I've it twin 3 year olds who are a handful and I just generally worry about everything I guess. At my regular appointment on Wednesday I thought my doctor would schedule a growth scan for 32 weeks but when I asked they said no bc I'm measuring fine and they only do one at 36 weeks to check for position, but since I'm having a c-section they may not even do that. So I just left the office and started crying. I told my dh and we decided to call a private place that just opened up that does 3d/4d scans. We have an appt today at 1pm. Well I then decided to call my dr back and ask if there's anything he could put me on that would be safe for baby to help with my anxiety. He wanted to know specifically what was wrong so I told him about me worrying if baby was ok and the ultrasound. So he says he doesn't recommend it bc they may not recognize any issues with the baby and they are not trained ob, etc. and he will schedule a regular us at 32 weeks and justify it bc I haven't gained any weight with this pregnancy. So my thing is why didn't they offer this when I asked and why is he opposed to a private scan if I just want to see my baby's face and get pictures. My dh said lets go anyway and just not tell him unless there's some sort of issue. I really don't want to not tell him but I think I will feel a lot better if I go. By the way he doesn't want me on any meds unless I feel like I can't function. He even suggested I quit work early but I can't really afford to. I'm sorry this is so long...I just really need some advice and reassurance. Thank you in advance.

aw hugs honey xxxx
well done on doing ur best for ur baby on quitting meds even though it is hard on u xxx
it can do no harm to go to ur scan anyway honey, xxx
it will put ur mind at ease, then go for ur scan at 32 weeks doc has ordered too.
ive had about 8 scans cos i lost last bub and im considered high risk, it doesnt do any harm at all to have extra scans xxxxxxx
let us know how u get on, enjoy ur scan and pics xxxxxxx

ps could u go part time at work for few weeks on medical grounds instead of quitting?
would that help

I'm thinking about trying to go on leave at 36 weeks since I'm having baby at 39 weeks. I would have to borrow sick leave which worries me bc we may try to move closer to family soon and I will have to switch jobs. I would have to pay this back... But nothing is set in stone and I guess I could just wait and deal with it if/when the situation arises. I dunno, maybe ill just see how I feel in a few weeks. Thanks for the advice.

ive been out sick practically my entire pregnancy, it has strained me financially but has been worth it for bub to be happy and growing. im startin my mat leave at 36 weeks instead of 38 so i can have money for when bub comes, it took me ages to decide to do this :) cos il have 2 weeks less with bub after, but i think it was right choice.
if ur feeling the strain too much, i would take earlier leave and hope things sort themselves out for u later xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->