advice needed on bloods

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by sapphire, Apr 23, 2009.

1. sapphire

sapphire Active Member

Hi Girls

I had my booking in bloods on Monday and i have received a letter from the docs asking to have my full blood count done again as there is an increase in white blood cells. I have checked with the midwife and she is saying the range is normal as they are slightly higher in pregnancy. Has anyone else had this? I stupidly googled it and now worried that i have all sorts of nasty diseases.

Also i have B (rhesus) Negative blood which i understand i will have to have injections for? Does anyone know anything about this?

many thanks

2. poppy

poppy Mum of Three

I wouldn't worry too much Sophie. You do get an increase in pregnancy anyway - your body could also have been fighting off an infection, like a cold or something.

xxx

3. elley_baby248

elley_baby248 Mummy to Ben and Pregnant

the injection you will get is an Anti D injection it's just incase the baby is rhesus positive.

4. LoveTypeThing

LoveTypeThing Well-Known Member

2 out of 3 physicals for me will give high white blood cell count results, and it is always nothing to worry about, just my body fighting sinus infection or whatnot. I would not worry about this at all.

5. sapphire

sapphire Active Member

thanks girls, i am such a worrier anyway and as soon as i googled it and HIV and Lukaemia came up i really panicked. I have been so excited recently about this pregnancy and today has made me feel so down and worry about all sorts