advice needed on bloods

sapphire

Reaction score
Hi Girls

I had my booking in bloods on Monday and i have received a letter from the docs asking to have my full blood count done again as there is an increase in white blood cells. I have checked with the midwife and she is saying the range is normal as they are slightly higher in pregnancy. Has anyone else had this? I stupidly googled it and now worried that i have all sorts of nasty diseases.

Also i have B (rhesus) Negative blood which i understand i will have to have injections for? Does anyone know anything about this?

many thanks

I wouldn't worry too much Sophie. You do get an increase in pregnancy anyway - your body could also have been fighting off an infection, like a cold or something.

xxx

the injection you will get is an Anti D injection it's just incase the baby is rhesus positive.

2 out of 3 physicals for me will give high white blood cell count results, and it is always nothing to worry about, just my body fighting sinus infection or whatnot. I would not worry about this at all.

thanks girls, i am such a worrier anyway and as soon as i googled it and HIV and Lukaemia came up i really panicked. I have been so excited recently about this pregnancy and today has made me feel so down and worry about all sorts

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->