Advice needed please - bleeding at 5.5weeks

lace&pearls

Mummy with PCOS
Reaction score
Wondering if one of you could help me out with some advice, I've had some 'light' bleeding this evening, went to a & e because it was red, spent ages there just for them to send me home and tell me to come back for a scan on monday basically. I'm around 5.5-6 weeks pregnant...can any of you help share your experiences / advice? I'm not in pain at the minute, the blood atm is quite mucousy (if that makes sense, like ewcm mixed with some blood) and getting darker I think ... havent had anything on the pad but is there when I wipe... reminds me a bit of the beginning or the end of a period .. what do you guys think? what should I do? I guess theres not much I can do ...

There's nothing you can do at this point except take it easy (I mean physically, obviously you are going to be very upset at this) and wait for the scan on Monday.

Bleeding is a sign of miscarriage, yes, but there are also other causes of bleeding. At 6+5, I had bleeding as well, which was actually an irritated cervix (lots of blood vessels down there at this time) and that was a healthy full-term pregnancy. There are also unexplained reasons for bleeding.

Since there is nothing you can do until then, you just have to remain positive and hope for the best. Sorry you are going through this right now.

So sorry :( I have had lots of spotting/bleeding due to irritated cervix. I had a gush of blood at 6+5 and doctor said it could be implantation, as the embryo will further implant into the uterus. Keep strong because it can mean lots of things!! I have been through it so I know how scary it is. :hugs:

Like the others said it's not necessarily a miscarriage.
I had bleeding like that with this pregnancy...bean is fine! The ultrasound showed there was a large blood clot beside the baby and that was most likely causing the bleeding. I'm keeping my fingers crossed you have a healthy little one in there! :hugs:

Thank you so much for all your answers xx still bleeding a tiny bit but seems a bit like spotting now? brown discharge sort of thing? at the moment anyway, fingers crossed xxxxx

I am 9 weeks now and have had bleeding for 4 days now had scan Wednesday and yesterday and jelly bean is fine with strong heartbeat! I know its really really really hard but try not to get too stressed about it, bed rest is prob best thing...Im signed off work for a week to rest. Apparently bleeding is really common and so many people go on to have healthy babys.

Fingers crossed for you hun, hope scan goes well.
xxx

I went to A&E last Saturday because I had some fresh red spotting when I wiped. Mine wasn't mucusy, it was blood. They did some tests (everything was normal) and told me to go to EPU for a scan on Monday which I did. Saw baby's heartbeat at the scan, was lovely. Midwife and scan person couldn't explain the bleeding neither (I spotted brown after the red) and said everything looked normal for me and that sometimes spotting just occurs in early pregnancy. So don't worry too much.

I had a clot of red blood at around 5.5 weeks then just brown blood when wiping. Had a scan and everything was fine at 6 weeks, no reason for it that they could see and no bleeding since!
The main advice I've seen is not really to worry unless you have cramps as well but I think its always worth getting checked out to put your mind at rest!!

Hope its all okay for you!x

I'm sorry but my experience of this was a miscarriage, it started off light with no pain, gradually getting darker and darker until I was having really bad pains a few days later, but everyone is different!

I was spotting / bleeding from Friday last week to Friday this week.

I went to A&E on the saturday morning and then went to EPU on the Monday to have an emergency scan. The scan showed I was spot on 5 weeks and 2 days, showed the gestational sac and yolk sac, but that was all. There was no explanation for the bleeding, no assurance it would be viable, but I have to go for a follow up scan on Thursday to see whether the pregnancy has progressed.

The bleeding has more or less stopped now since Friday, but the worry is still there that this little one has not stuck around :( I will know more on Thursday.

A friend of mine bled on and off all her pg and everything was fine xx

Wondering if one of you could help me out with some advice, I've had some 'light' bleeding this evening, went to a & e because it was red, spent ages there just for them to send me home and tell me to come back for a scan on monday basically. I'm around 5.5-6 weeks pregnant...can any of you help share your experiences / advice? I'm not in pain at the minute, the blood atm is quite mucousy (if that makes sense, like ewcm mixed with some blood) and getting darker I think ... havent had anything on the pad but is there when I wipe... reminds me a bit of the beginning or the end of a period .. what do you guys think? what should I do? I guess theres not much I can do ...

Hi Lace&pearls, can you tell me what happened with this pregnancy?

Hi Lace&pearls, can you tell me what happened with this pregnancy?

It all turned out to be fine :thumbup: it turns out I had a sub-chronic haematoma. (which a I discovered a few days later at a scan) they told me to take it easy. I believe they're more common than you might imagine x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->