advice needed please

Emtabby

Reaction score
I have just recently had the mariner coil removed, i had it for 3 and a half years. ive googled questions about how quickly i would get AF and come out with nothing really, alot of the searchs take me to old forum questions which never seem to be answered.

Has anyone had a mariner coil removed and conceived soon after? is there a time? i did ask my GP but she really was no help at all.
We are planning on trying for another baby, but at the moment i still havnt had any sign of AF so i dont know when my cycle is at. i never had a period while i had the coil so i have no clue!
I guess its all a waiting game.

anyone who knows anything about this or has had experience with the mariner coil i'd love to hear what you have to say, and how soon did you get your BFP?

thanks

I've never heard of a mariner coil so I assume you mean Mirena? If so, I had my Mirena removed on Friday of last week. I started the 'removal' bleeding on Saturday and have had the heaviest flow since I was a teenager with clots and everything (tmi, sorry). Apparently it's all normal from what I've read on here and on pages found through Google. I asked the nurse who removed my IUD about whether or not my period would still stay on the same schedule (I'm due 3/13) but like yours, she was completely unhelpful and said there was no way to know. Since I'm bleeding so much right now, I'm assuming there won't be anything left come 3/13.

I'm not really much help since I'm in the same stage as you right now but I've heard of many people who got their BFP within 6 weeks of having it removed so fingers crossed for you. My OH and I are getting married 6/25 so we're not trying right now but if it happens, it happens. :)

i had my mirena taken out 16th december 2010 and started bleeding on the 18th. the bleeding i had was horrible and very very heavy like bleeding after having a baby and was very painful (dont mean to scare u but thats how it was for me) me and dh started tryin for a baby late jan. i am now 2dpo on our 2nd cycle so im keeping my fingers crossed.

i have hurd horrible stories about ttc after the mirena and how people havent ovulated for almost 2years once it was taken out. so me and dh bought some opks just to make sure that i was and i am ovulating =) so i know it could be anytime tht we could get our bfp =)

i also have a friends from another baby board and had the mirena for 5years and got preg 2-3weeks after having it removed!!

but i have been told it can take up to 3months for your body to get back to its normal self. so dont worry too much about it hun
but why not try opks just to make sure that everythin is back to normal...

sorry for keep going on lol he he

I ordered OPKs on Amazon to try and figure out when I start ovulating and get to know my cycles better. I haven't had a period since I was about 18 (now 27) due to Depo and Mirena so this TTC business is going to be interesting! :)

Well its been 5 weeks since it was removed and no sign of any period... Its horrible just waiting, i really dont want to have it because i really dont want to go back to those nasty times of the month, but it would be great to know where i stand, if you know what i mean.
I suffering with lack of sleep and am soo emotional at the moment :( :(
Ive heard others say they had their period days after and others say 6/8 weeks after.

silly question but have u dne a pregnancy test as i have also heard that some woman can fall pregnant due to havin the mirena removed and had sex a few days before it was taken out.......

i hope af turns up if no bfp...... and hope u get ur bfp soon xxx

I had removal bleeding begin the day after mine was removed and then had my normal cycle begin on 3/15 (originally due 3/13 but I was never very regular)....I'm with MatthewAlyssa - do a pregnancy test to see what's going on. When the nurse removed mine, she did warn me that since I had had unprotected sex in the 5 days prior to removal, that it was possible and likely to get pregnant immediately....

I had mine taken out last tuesday and stopped bleeding a couple of days ago, think I had my period a week before it was out -would get all the feelings of AF but no spotting or anything! So hoping I'll get a bfp soon, got preg with William very quickly after being on the pill for over 5 years.

I did feel rubbish, so so so tired for a few days after removal, and lots of headaches, did anyone else get that?

hmm, i don't recall headaches or being tired after removal... :dust: to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->