Advice Needed- Post Partum Depression

NotJustMama

Reaction score
Morning all. I am suffering from severe PPD. LO is 9 weeks old and everyday is a fight to get through the day. The anxiety is overwhelming and I am unable to be left alone without having panic attacks. I am on Effexor and clonazepam to help (which is my third set if medications tried as I have had such negative side effects). I am really hoping that some moms who have suffered with this can lend some advice about how to get through the day and start to heal from this as I can't continue to lean so heavily on the people around me to take care of me. OH is not hugely supportive as he works very long hours and is little help in the night when i struggle most. Please ladies, any advice about medications, routines, anything that can help to make this a little easier I would appreciate.

hi hun, first of all :hugs: i have been there. do u get out much? i found getting out, if even just for a walk to clear my head, helped a LOT. and do u go to any mums and tots groups? there is actually a Post-Natal support section on here, here's the link

https://www.babyandbump.com/postnatal-support/

I did post in that section but recieved no replies....I don't get out much as there is sooooo much anxiety around it. They have changed the medications 3 times just to get me so I can function. I do plan on taking LO for a walk each day but never seem to get it accomplished. The new medications seem to be working on the anxiety so I am hoping to work up the courage to actually follow through on my plans. I am normally such a strong controlled person and to have now ended up like this is agony, with so much guilt associated. I attend post natal support group for PPD which is helpful but it just feels like I am never gonna feel normal again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->