• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Advice needed! Which formula??

peanut56

Mom to Hana & pregnant!
Reaction score
I'm so confused!
Hana was originally on Nestle Good Start formula. She was having really bad gas problems which lead to hours of screaming. Sometimes gripe water would help, sometimes it wouldn't. I also tried Ovol and Infacol, neither of which helped. Eventually I switched her to Enfamil Gentlease, and she became a new baby. She was happier, and had no more gas issues.
She's been on that formula for a little bit more than a month now and it's been great. The only problem is her spitting up. She's always spit up a lot. Originally, the doctor said she likely had reflux. Now, she still spits up, but it doesn't seem to cause her any pain or discomfort...anyway, today when I was shopping, I saw that Enfamil has a Thickened formula (not sure why I never noticed it before) that is for babies who spit up a lot. I'm wondering if I shouldn't switch her to that? But I'm scared the gas problems could come back, and if given the choice, I'll take the spit up over the gas problems any day! But she may be old enough that the gas problems could be gone for good...ahhhh I don't know what to do.
Opinions would be greatly appreciated. :flower:

Hey we had all the problems you have been having. Tried every formula there is. Finally the doctor recommended we try similac sensitive. It's lactose free(she doesnt have a lactose problem) but it's mush more gentle on her tummy, way less gas, easy burping and last but not least no throw up at all since we started. The doctor said even though it's lactose free it won't affect her and won't make her alergic to lactose. I think it's really just trial and error in the long run. Hope you find something that works for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"