advice needed

birdlee337

Reaction score
So through my insurance I got an electric breast pump. It doesn't pump well at all for me!!! I had be using a hospital grade pump and this one I have now is horrible. My lo is 4 months old tomorrow. I had a good stash of breast milk frozen...now its all gone. I am a stay at home mom now. I was just using it for my mom to feed her when I needed her to. I am hoping to work again after the new year. But not being able to pump I am really disappointed that I think I'll have to stop breastfeeding her. Any advice on how to get a better supply? Or anything?

My advice would be to stop pumping for now and just breastfeed her only since your a stay at home mom and don't really have to right now, a baby feeding is a whole lot better for building up a milk supply, much better than pumping, babies are more efficient at getting all the milk triggering your body to produce more. What kind of pump did you get? Kellymom.com is a great site for tips and info about breastfeeding, I have it bookmarked for when I'll need it. My doctor told me that taking fenugreek will help you build up more of a milk supply too. Hopefully other more experienced breastfeeding moms will chime in too. Good luck!

My advice would be to stop pumping for now and just breastfeed her only since your a stay at home mom and don't really have to right now, a baby feeding is a whole lot better for building up a milk supply, much better than pumping, babies are more efficient at getting all the milk triggering your body to produce more. What kind of pump did you get? Kellymom.com is a great site for tips and info about breastfeeding, I have it bookmarked for when I'll need it. My doctor told me that taking fenugreek will help you build up more of a milk supply too. Hopefully other more experienced breastfeeding moms will chime in too. Good luck!

Thanks. I was only pumping once a day. And I nurse her at all feedings. Was just building up the supply for when I do go back to work. But was sick...and when I go to the store or something with out my lo my mom will give her a bottle if needed. So my stash is now gone. And I am unable to really get anything built back up. I have an ameda double pump. I am just so thankful I didn't spend $200 on it!!!! Cause I'd be screaming! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->