advice needed

birdlee337

Reaction score
So through my insurance I got an electric breast pump. It doesn't pump well at all for me!!! I had be using a hospital grade pump and this one I have now is horrible. My lo is 4 months old tomorrow. I had a good stash of breast milk frozen...now its all gone. I am a stay at home mom now. I was just using it for my mom to feed her when I needed her to. I am hoping to work again after the new year. But not being able to pump I am really disappointed that I think I'll have to stop breastfeeding her. Any advice on how to get a better supply? Or anything?

What size shields are you using with it? When I got my pump with my son, I hardly got anything out... when I switched to a larger size shield, I started getting better results.

Also, if it's a supply issue with you, you can try mother's milk tea or taking fenugreek. The fenugreek worked really well for me!

Your supply naturally reduces at around 4 months so this may account for this. There is also a huge growth spurt at 4 months where baby will eat more leaving less for pumping. I actually found that a hand pump was better for me even though i got cramp after a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->