Advice of what to wear to a funeral?

shortie1990

Mummy to two under 2 :)
Reaction score
I was thinking of a dress, or pencil skirt, but have never even to a funeral before so don't really know what I'm looking for, so if any one could give me some ideas, it would be very grateful!

:) thanks ladies

As long as you don't do what my sis in law did and wear Jeans :dohh: you should be fine...as long as the colours are grey/black/navy unless otherwise stated,you shouldn't go wrong.xx

For my grandmothers funeral last month I wore a simple black dress almost to the knees with tights, ballet flats because I couldn't bare heels, and a light cardigan. Thrown together last minute!

At a normal funeral as long as its muted you shouldnt go too wrong.

I wore a bright green dress for my Nannas funeral this month, but we had a no black just green (her favorite colour) code.

usually something dark and respectable, so no mini skirts or low cut tops ! At my cousins funeral, it was specified that no black should be worn but if that is the case you are usually told in advance. Also consider the weather and the type of funeral. My nan had a catholic funeral and a burial and it got really cold standing in the graveyard and as it was in January, the ground was really soft, wet and muddy.

The only thing I would say is don't wear something for the first time at a funeral. I wore a new top to a funeral once and I wasn't able to bring myself to wear it again for ages.

i've worn black pants and a dark top to all the funerals i've been too,
sadly its been 5 now in the last 10yr :/

black trousers or long skirt. I wore deep purple top as broke up the black a bit.

My Grandad's, I wore a black wrap dress with flats \(was pregnant), my Gran's and uncles (was only two days apart) I wore a black dress, my aunts I wore black trousers and a white blouse. With Honey's we asked that everybody wear at least something with yellow or pink, most people came in dark colours with a yellow tie etc, I wore a black pencil skirt, small heels, black blouse and used yellow ribbon where there was black ribbon. With Riley Rae we asked that every body wear something purple, so again most people wore dark colours with a bit of purple, I wore a black maxi dress with a purple cardigan and a purple dragonfly broach.

You can see there are lots of things suitable, first I would do is make sure if there is a dress code.

Thanks, it's my Grandmas funeral, so my/uncle have organised it, they have said that we don't have to wear black and just to wear something smart, I have a black dress which has a little colour on it, so might wear that, will try them on at some point and see what I think, I don't have anything to wear with black trousers, and I hate wearing shirts/blouses so would prefer a dress :)

I usually wear black trousers, a dark top and a cardy

Thanks, it's my Grandmas funeral, so my/uncle have organised it, they have said that we don't have to wear black and just to wear something smart, I have a black dress which has a little colour on it, so might wear that, will try them on at some point and see what I think, I don't have anything to wear with black trousers, and I hate wearing shirts/blouses so would prefer a dress :)

Sounds perfect. Sorry for your loss.

I wore a black pencil skirt with a pleated fish tail, a black vest and a black button up cardi for my ex-OH's Nanna, it was all black but as I had a round low neck and no tights my skin colour broke it up a bit

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"