Advice on Agnus Castus, Weird Cycles and Stuff please!?

Missy

Reaction score
I'm 44 and been TTC for nearly 2 years. I had MMC in June last year. My cycles have been weird since I had my DD in June 2009 which I first put down to the childbirth and breastfeeding and then to the MC. My cycles are now irregular (I have one every month but they vary between 26 and 40 days) and last couple have been really heavy with spotting a few days before. I'm not temping or anything but worried that I may be pre-menopausal now because of my cycles. I'm thinking that Agnus Castus might help if there's a hormone imbalance and regulate cycles/improve ovulation (I get signs of ov every month so I think I am ov'ing anyway). Has anyone any words of wisdom for me? Has anyone used AC in tincture form and can tell me what dose I should try as I am getting conflicting info on the net? I'm getting very down and frustrated! :cry:

I would say go see a Chinese Herbalist / Acupuncturist.
Have you seen a FS to see what your hormones are doing?

No I haven't. My GP seems to think that everything is OK because I have conceived within the last year and as I already have kids and am now 44 they won't refer me anyway. I could get the blood tests from the GP I guess if I push them but I think I'm fearing the worst and scared to find out to be honest. I was thinking about acupuncture too. Maybe that's a good idea for me.

I have heard good things Re acupuncture. As for Vitex, I have not taken it because I have regular cycles and it can mess with you if regular. If your cycles are irregular, I have seen people say Vitex helped as well as B6. Sorry, cannot help with dose. Try maybe in the long term ttc section, there may be some girls on Vitex. Also tww the website has an irregular cycles section if you do not find info here.

I would second the acupuncture recommendation, I've read good success stories in 40+ women. Try getting some basic tests run to see what your ovarian reserve is like. Good book recos: The Infertility Cure by Randine Lewis (TCM/acupuncture) and Inconceivable (a woman's story in her 40s that was told she would not be able to conceive using her own eggs) I am seeing a TCM right now.

Hello everyone, stupid as this is but i am 42 ttc and having no luck,, i want to start agnus castas but not knowing when my af will start and never know when it will finish its anything from 19-46 help please

Minted, it's supposed to be really good for irregular cycles. I don't think it matters when you start taking it during the cycle so if you want to just start as soon as you get it I reckon. Good luck :)

Minted, it's supposed to be really good for irregular cycles. I don't think it matters when you start taking it during the cycle so if you want to just start as soon as you get it I reckon. Good luck :)

I used Vitex 2 cycles ago and it completly wrecked my cycle. Went from 24 days (needed to extend my leutal phase) to 38 days last cycle and this cycle is all over the place. No idea if and when I'll ovulate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->