Advice on early scans from UK ladies

sannod

Reaction score
Hi ladies, It is still really new in Canada to be able to pay for private ultrasound scans. 3D scans have been around for about 7-8 years but only in big cities. My town just got its first private company last year. these scans are all after 20 weeks though and after the 18 week diagnostic scan from the hospital. It is only in the last couple years that some of these companies have started offering scans in the firs trimester so it is still very taboo.

My question is how normal is it to have these early scans in the UK or US and how many people find out about mmc at a private scan? How does the company handle this kind of news?

I drove 8 hours to have this early scan with my daughter because i'd had a mmc at 8.5 weeks a few months before. I don't want to drive on winter roads this time so i'm trying to convince my local company to offer the service for me... next step would be to go and cry to my doctor until I get one ordered :)

Hey in uk here. I haven't had a private scan. I have had an early scan due to mmc. I had been thinking the same as to how they deal with it. I am sure they be professional just like a hospital

I've had a private scan between 7 and 8 weeks with all three babies. A dear bnb friend of mine sadly suffered mmc a couple of times and the companies were super sensitive and supportive - with a misshapen sac and baby measuring small they got her to come in for a re-scan a week later (no charge). They are professionals and in my experience very calm and caring x

If you can persuade them to offer it, best to wait til 8 weeks so you can see limbs and movement rather than just head blob and body blob like I had yesterday ;)

Thanks ladies, I mentioned to them that several other companies were offering early scans now and that I had one before but just didn't want to drive that far this time. One refused but the other has hesitantly said yes. I had a mmc where embryo was about 6 weeks but clear head and body. I had another at 8-9 weeks with my daughter (private scan) and it was fantastic. was already wiggling toes. Never been so happy except maybe the 14 week scan I had in emergency with my son due to bleeding... I thought it was all over and when I saw him doing little flip flops in there my life changed.

So provided she doesn't changed her mind I should be going in Christmas Eve. I will be 8 weeks exactly.

Already asked for a second at 14 weeks (god willing) which will be my 30th birthday and reveal date.

Thanks for your reassurances ladies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->