Advice on medication I am currently taking.

Nanaki

Mummy 2 two boys, an angel and a girl!
Reaction score
Hi all ladies!! Congrats to you all!

I need advice if anyone have neuropathic pain and taking the medication/s.

I am currently on Gabapentin and Amitriptyline but read up on NHS to say to talk to the doctor. My doctor from queen Elizabeth birmingham prescribed the medication last year and do I need to talk to my GP where I live or talk to the doctor at hospital?

I am worried that if one of medications I read is not recommended to take is Amitriptyline Cuz it's a anti depression and don't mean I am depressing but due to the condition I am having that will affect the baby.

If anyone have this type of medication and going through with it?

Many thanks.

Hugs to you all

I am on and have been on amitriptyline the entire pregnancy. It's fine, my Dr says it's fine and I've had no complications. Baby is great, growing great and active.

I don't worry about amitriptyline. I do plan to cut back or get off by due date just because I take it to sleep and I need to be able to stay awake when baby comes.

Thank you Megan.

It's nice to know someone out there is going through what I will go through and will speak to my doctor at GP tomorrow.

:hugs:

If her pharmacist is anything like mine, at least where the amitriptyline is concerned, the conversation will go as follows:

"There is not enough data either good or bad to support amitriptyline"

Until you see your ob, take as much comfort as you can in knowing I called everyone I could pharmacist, gp Dr, health links (nurses) and got the same answer. There isn't enough information on amitriptyline to say conclusively it's bad or good safe or not etc.

So I took my obs word when she said that it's nothing to worry about. She said that when I was 4 weeks and again at 20. I also have a perfectly healthy 25 week baby to back it up as I've been on amitriptyline since well before the bfp :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->