advice on our favourite "auntie"...

modified

Reaction score
I'll be trying to get an appt. at the doctor but the usual wait is 2+ weeks and at this time of year, even longer. So I'm just looking for... something before then.

Mmkay. I got my first period around 11. It has always been super irregular. I'd get it one month then not for another 4 months then 1 month then 6 months then 3 months etc etc. They varied between light and heavy and lasted about 4 or 5 days. That lasted for 9 years. I got the implant when I was 20 and my periods stopped completely. Joy! Well.. for a while. 4 or 5 months ago, I got random bleeds. They were very light and lasted a day or 2 and never had any of my usual period symptoms/pains etc. I went to my doc then and was told that's normal on the implant. That stopped after about 2 months.

Now? I've been bleeding for over 2 weeks. For the first week, I had my usual period shite; intense cramps, severe back pain blah blah. It's now been over 2 weeks like I said. I had a one day break after a week and then it started again and it's very heavy. Any clue to wtf's going on?

Don't want to read and run but I can't offer much advice. I had a similar experience with the Implant, gave in after a year and got it taken out 3 months ago and went back onto a POP. Everything is back to normal now though. I was having other problems with it though such as mood swings, nausea pretty constantly and headaches.
However I would say that you should get your periods checked out. Altough it may have been age related hormone problems with your periods when you younger it's worth mentioning to your doctor to rule out things like PCOS.
Hope you manage to get it all worked out soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->