Advice on starting a nap routine with a 3 month old

dawnrise1

Reaction score
Hi My Lo is almost 3 months and I also have a toddler. I would really like LO to get into a nap routine as my eldest didn't really nap well and I struggled getting him to nap in his cot, so when he was older he would only nap in pram or car which is a nightmare.

So really just wanted tips on how you all manage naps and what your 3 month olds are doing. Do you literally put them down and let them self settle, put in a sleeping bag, play music, mobile on cot, what techniques work for you. LO does like his bouncer chair etc, but, really wanted him to get used to his cot so that he won't reject it when he is older. Thanks in advance x

My lo is 14 week and during the day we are out allot so he naps in his pram, car seat or bouncy chair there is no day time routine. It works for us as we have baby fit in with our schedule but at the moment he goes to bed 10pm everynight and will sleep till 6 am! X

Swaddle, dummy and white noise work well for us here. I've only ever had to rock Sophie to sleep perhaps 5 times since birth. Sometimes I stroke her head to help her settle.

I also figured out her max awake time, which is 1.5 hours.

I don't have a routine in the day at all, Sky only naps in my carrier or in the pram which works for me as we're usually out everyday. In the morning she will nap in her cot for half an hour, I usually just notice when she's tired and then put her in the cot, say 'its sleepytime now' and give her a kiss and then put the mobile on for a minute and then when it finishes she fusses for a minute or two and then goes to sleep.

Usually half an hour isn't enough for her though so when she wakes up I pop her in the carrier and do some housework.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->