Advice on weaning

kalouk

Reaction score
Hi I wonder if anyone can help, Eva is 9 months and the first one of my kids to love her food, my other two were very picky, this has really thrown me. She would happily just have a bottle in the morning and evening but I am not sure how much or how often to feed her "normal" food. I know this may sound a bit silly and I know each child is different but could anyone tell me what their routine was at this stage, Thanks.

Hi hun, you may find this post answered a bit better in the Weaning & Nutrition section.

Oliver is 9 1/2 months and we started weaning just before 6 months.

He typically has:

Breakfast - porridge or cereal.
Mid morning - snack of fruit or breadstick
Lunch - sandwich or omlette and fruit. (Although yesterday he ate a dinner time meal and polished the lot off. Maybe I'm underfeeding him!)
Mid afternoon - snack i.e fruit or baby biscuit
Dinner - Meat and potato and vegetable dish (i.e bolognaise, chicken and potatoes etc).

He has a big breastfeed in the morning and one at bedtime.

You can't really overfeed a baby at this age, as they will just stop eating when they are full - end of!! So we just take Olivers cue. Some days he eats barely anything and somedays he eats us out of house and home!!!

Hope this helps!

Thanks for that just after I posted I found the section all about weaning:wacko: Thanks for taking the time to answer though it was a great help:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->