Advice please!! False negative pregnant test result??

Beckslc76

Reaction score
I'm 38 and we have been TTC for 4 years, unexplained fertility. I would like some advice and hear any of your similar stories So, I am usually a regular 29 day cycle ( 33 days only twice in past 2 years!) I am currently on day 37 with still no sign of my period! I did 2 pregnancy tests Monday morning (Clearblue) which were both negative. I tested with first urine but had a pint of water without thinking a few seconds beforehand, wouldn't have thought this would've effected the result so quickly before testing?? I have had some light cramping/pulling on and off for 3 days and have been expecting too see AF when go to loo but nothing!!! I did another two clearblue this morning (minus the water before hand) one of which was digital again both negative. I have been an bought Superdrug own early testers but again this afternoon negative! I'm finding it really frustrating as my period is always so regular and also difficult not to get my hopes up!! I'm off to doctor Friday morning in hope of a blood test but has anyone else had a similar experience then got a positive later down the line??

I've heard of ladies getting negatives until they were 8 weeks pregnant, and others who never got positives on HPTs, only blood tests. I'd wait a few more days before testing again (as hard as that is!) and if it is still negative and your period hasn't arrived beg for a blood test! Good luck :hugs:

Thanks! Don't think I'm going to test again, am off work Friday so if still no sign then will go along and beg! I'd be 10 days late by then x

I was 2 weeks late for AF before my BFP. I tested a million times before that, and had a negative blood test (1w after missed AF).

If your cycle is very regular, you may have ovulated late and just aren't reading + yet. My cycles are NEVER longer than 28 days, we BD'd on CD25 and I am most definitely pregnant from that specific encounter. I know that seems unlikely, but stranger things have happened!

Don't give up hope! I know VERY well what you're going through. I was a mess... The TWW that never ends! Hang in there. FX'D

Could you have ovulated later? Or not even ovulated yet?

at 38, perimenopause rears it's ugly head. Are you 100% certain you ovulated? I had one 45 day cycle in the middle of 22-29 day cycles. Things start getting wonky at that time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->