ADVICE PLEASE!! Fever of 100.7 and 7w 4d pregnant

cskme_

Reaction score
I'm wondering if I should go to the hospital. Is this harmful for my baby? I've read things that say yes and things that say no. I tried to take a lukewarm bath and it won't go down. I have a common cold I don't think anything more than that, I have been vomiting but that is nothing new these days. My doctors office is closed and I'm worried if I allow this to continue I will be risking the health of my baby. What should I do??

I don't think that's high enough to harm anything just yet (and it can be good to let low-grade feves run their course, as they have a purpose), but if you are very worried or uncomfortable you child try some Tylenol. Tylenol is supposed to be safe during pregnancy. I hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

If its just a common cold then I would say you don't need to go to the hospital. Take so me paracetamol if you are uncomfortable with it and it will bring down your temp.

Don't worry. I had a up to 102 degree fever with flu. Essentially on my death bed . Hydrate a lot and I wore one layer of clothes and used a thin blanket and sweater it out . Went away . Before that I took Tylenol some ... It'll be ok

Thanks guys, I ended up going to the hospital but I waited about 2 hours and decided I would be better off at home sleeping. The triage nurse said the same thing, there's not much they can do to treat the flu in pregnant women. She told me to go home and sleep and drink lots of water and take a Tylenol. I managed to get over it without taking anything but honey and lemon tea. Thank god that's over!

I had a fever for quite a while around when I was just pregnant, before testing, and for the first couple weeks, turned out I had a UTI. Just something to keep in mind if the fever hangs around! Glad you are feeling better! <3

I would take some Tylenol and make sure you stay hydrated! My doctor's office told me to call them if I ever get a fever over 100, probably because if nothing else, they'd just want to know. I'd say it wouldn't hurt to give your doctor a ring. Hope you feel better soon, mama!

i had a 104 degree fever with strep during my second pregnancy. everything went fine...

this pregnancy i have had up to a 100 degree fever when i had food poisoning. baby looks very healthy :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->