Advice please..low sperm count

Mummy to be x

The 4 of us...♡
Reaction score
Ok so my OH has a low sperm count although with our previous pregnancy we got pregnant second cycle. Now I've read so much online about only doing the deed every other day if your man has a low sperm count, now this is my second day of getting my flashing smiley face on my clear blue ovulation test (the advanced one) we DTD twice yesterday so would you advise I leave it today?

I'm so confused, can DTD every day ruin my chances of getting pregnant :wacko:

Help ladies. :flower:

May I also add that he was diagnosed (if that's the right word to use) with low sperm count around three years ago, could this have changed by now.? We are not worrying yet as we fell pregnant second cycle last pregnancy.

Hi there,
My dh also has a low sperm count, he had it checked in November last year ( he had chemo which caused the low count) (<1 million sperm) and we thought there was no chance we'd get up the duff.
We SMEP'd in dec and low and behold - preggers ( but mc at 6 weeks)
Either we got really lucky (google tells me chance of preg with that count is minimal) or the sperm analysis wasn't accurate, or, his sperm improved in space of 2 weeks.
I guess what I'm saying is, get your OH to have a repeat test. If I were you I'd do whatever u did the month you got preggers. If you google 'SMEP for low sperm count' there is an amended version too to follow but I reckon 3 years on, his sperm is prob much improved x

I just went though a change in family drs where one told me the sperm count couldnt replenish within 24 hours which is why they recommend every other day, whereas my new dr says it doesnt matter. The body makes so many every day and it takes longer then 24 hours to be viable but that every person would differ with the amount that were ready any given day.
Id say dtd again. Tomorrow it would be too late so what would it matter anyhow ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->