advice...please???...not sure where to post

Miss_g_2004

Reaction score
hey girls...

im not trying to concieve however i do REALLY NEED YOUR HELP.

i have no children, nor have i ever been pregnant.

im on the pill and have been for 2+ years and in a spot of bother

i doubled up my pill packs inorder to prevent me from having a period for a holiday however i missed 1 pill but took it the next day with a pill (so i took 2 pills) ... when it came to my period, it was practically non existant....it sounds strange but i am usually like clockwork i will take my 7 day break il start my period on the 4th day and it will finish on the 7th and it will be conciderably heavy with all the usual aches and pains.

my ''period''' was not even a nose bleed worth on the 5th day and that was it.

ive been moody and very irritable, lots of headaches, increasingly tired, pee-ing A LOT and ive never been so on/off food in my life!

im not sure wether im being paranoid and reading too much into my symptoms so i bought a test.... tescos own brand i took it 4 days after my '''period''' and it was negative... but i stil dont feel right and im not sure wether to do another one???

people have said that sore breasts is a certain indicator but i dont have this symptom and since the preg test was negative these are my reasons for thinking im not

but am worried that i am because ive never been like this before

hopefully somebody will kindly help because quite frankly im feel like im going insane =[

thank you for reading... any advice/sugestions would be greatly appreciated!

x x x

did you have sex the day that you missed your pill? xx

hun messing with your pill equals messed up periods. Do you want to be pregnant?

its unlikely but not impossible but i agree with lisa, when i used to be on the pill and if i doubled up it did effect my period. but still best to check with doc to be sure as if you are pg your not supposed to take the pill as it can risk eptopic pg (not wanting to panic you) but just in case. :) good luck

thanks for the comments....

i had sex the day before i missed the pill

hmm well its something i deffinatly wont be doing again but i read it could be done so i thought it was a good idea at the time...and i dont think its the right time to be thinking about children, my partner and i are still looking for a new house...but when we are settled i think i will definatly be back on here =]

im booking an appointment at the doctors tomorrow so my worries will end

thanks again x

Is it actually healthy to double your BC pill just because you don't want to have a period one month?

If you want to go the period free route, look into getting an IUD. I had one and by 3 months my period was down to a light 2 days. By 1 year gone (ocassionally a few hours of spotting).

you have to have a certain type of pill to be able to double up otherwise you will get the symptoms you are having. good luck

Hmm not sure hun, i think you need to talk to your doctor about things like this before doing them, just to check, one it might not have been healthy to do this, and two it may cancel out what the pill is meant to do. I dont know, but before doing that again make sure you chat with your doc. Hope it all works out ok in the end for you hun.xx

If you're not sure go to the drs and ask for an Hcg test. But i agree with above - doubling up can cause wierdness in the next cycle!

i have doubled up quite a few times, I did check with doc 1st and was fine to do, I was on microgynon.
My af was usually normal to light after finishing the 2 packs but the monts after that i always suffered very very heavy and lots of cramps.

I've been the docs today and all is fine, im not preg =] he said that it was ok for me to double my packs but since it didnt agree with me personally then he would advise me not to. He also sugested other methods of contraception but i think i'll stick to the pill.

no more messing with pills in the future, its safe to say i've learnt my lesson

thank you all very much for helping =]

x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"